Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The American citizen has no rights at all. Nothing is guaranteed to them. If they can pay they can have. Otherwise they are irrelevant. Tru?

The American citizen has no rights at all. Nothing is guaranteed to them. If they can pay they can have. Otherwise they are irrelevant. Tru?

Posted - April 14, 2020

Responses

• There's nothing guaranteed except death and taxes, to borrow a worn out line from the past. We formerly had a few rights under under the rule of law, but we've seen those slowly erode to practically nothing in recent years. Government, which could not handle the least of our problems has created far larger ones to make a mess of. If you look around, you'll see that both prince and pauper are the heirs of the rack and ruin we find ourselves in today. The truly astonishing thing about it, is that approximately half of this nation couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 14, 2020 2:28 PM MDT
      April 14, 2020 1:54 PM MDT

As it stands ... pretty much.

Though it has been said that America is a sleeping giant ... meaning you don't want to wake the people from their slumber.
    I sometimes wonder what it will take to wake the People from their political slumber, and see them vote for a better system.
    Or if it will even happen before the total collapse of the society.

Personally, I believe that collapse is the more likely scenario.
      April 14, 2020 1:58 PM MDT

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask you Walt. Is it better to tear everything down and start over from scratch or better to work with what we have in place and simply try to modify it/improve it/make it "better"? I think I shall ask. My mom was a seamstress and she did alterations for others. She said she would much rather make a garment from scratch so she could control all the elements rather than trying adjust what was not working. So I don't know which would work out better. Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Wednesday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 15, 2020 8:17 AM MDT
      April 15, 2020 2:28 AM MDT

It depends on how much work would be required to fix what's wrong.

IMO, one of the things wrong with our current system is that the nation is too large - both in population and area - to rule from a single location.  Especially a location that is virtually inaccessible to the majority of that nation.  (inaccessible in that people don't have the time to travel there, for the most part)

So - two possible solutions to that problem.
    One: Split the nation into smaller nations.  This would be a "tear down and rebuild" solution.
    Two: Use technology to disperse the national government.  This would be a "modify it" solution.

Of the two, option one would actually be easier to implement.
      April 15, 2020 6:55 AM MDT

If there were smaller nations gubments would be replicated wouldn't they? Further exacerbating the problem of corruption graft greed dishonesty. I dunno Walt. Perhaps it is insoluble unsolvable. Perhaps we are STUCK. Though from time to time Texas has threatened to secede from the union. I say let it and let's see what happens. In the meantime in between time ain't we go fun? Thank you for your reply! No matter which way you slice it's bologna and complicated isn't it?
      April 15, 2020 8:20 AM MDT

First - smaller nations make it easier for the people to have direct access to the government.

Second - smaller nations may have some similar government programs, but they would also be able to have different programs.
    Maybe one nation would have 100% national healthcare, while another would have 100% private, while a third would have a combination.  (this is what the US should already have, if the Federal government obeyed the Constitution instead of trying to micro-manage everything)
      April 15, 2020 9:58 AM MDT

Really? Means are not required to receive government benefits such as Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, and Social Security. Few other nations provide such things.
      April 14, 2020 2:01 PM MDT