Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever hear of DBT? Lady Gaga discussed it on a cabal tv news show this morning. What is it?

Ever hear of DBT? Lady Gaga discussed it on a cabal tv news show this morning. What is it?

Dialectical Behavioral Therapy

A combination of cognitive/behavioral therapy to transform negative thinking patterns an destructive behavior into positive outcomes.

Huh. Okey dokey.

Some folks are negative nabobs. Others are positive people. Some dwell in darkness and complain while others find the light and simply flip a switch.

Are you an optimist/pessimist by nature? Do you always seek the positive or have no interest in anything but the negative?

I am a positve due to my dad. So is my sister. Not a hardship to expect better and dwell on good when you can choose to be hopeful or choose to be miserable.

Are you a positive too? Born that way, made that way?

Posted - April 16, 2020

Responses

Now she's a reliable source. Right up there with Kim Kardashian.
      April 16, 2020 11:54 AM MDT

What do you actually know about her E? Have you ever listened to her speak on anything at all ever? Let me tell you what I know. She began being OUTRAGEOUS in her dress. PURPOSEFULLY. SHOCKING EVERYONE. Why? I will tell you why. She was trying to make the point that WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE IS IRRELEVANT. WHOM YOU ARE is the only thing that matters. She was speaking out and up for those who are tossed aside by society because they are not good looking enough or standard enough to be approved. She was speaking up and out for all the misfits of whom I am one. I have always been a misfit. There is nothing I can do about it. She did it so well that after awhile you really didn't notice HOW she was dressed but rather focused on what message she gave..what she said. Snobs put down what they do not take the time to understand.  They KNOW BETTER than anyone about everything. Allegedly. That is bullsh**. A cozy coterie of inane people who believe they are the best of the best and believe it is their job to put others down. Bah humbug. Hooray for the Lady GAGAS of the world. We need them. We don't need condescending anyones. We already have plenty of them. Sheesh.
      April 17, 2020 2:44 AM MDT

I was not aware Miss Stefani Germanotta is a research psychologist or behavioural scientist when not making money from trying to sing...

Or was she talking about some form of clinical-psychological counselling she had gone through?
      April 16, 2020 2:36 PM MDT

I am shocked at your response. My understanding is that she went through some bad times and this HELPED HER DURING THOSE TIMES so she decided to share her experience. When something works for you don't YOU want to share it with others just in case it may be of help to them? Wow! Cynical suspicious is not what I would have attached to you Durdle. Surprises abound. Few of them are ever good. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thy.
      April 17, 2020 2:08 AM MDT

I beg her pardon.

Sorry about the long delay - I have not visited Answermug for some time.

I did not know Lady Ga-Ga had had genuine problems but so often the combination of celebrity, psychology and television is not a happy one, hence my cynicism.

As it happens I have had clinical-psychological help, and it looks roughly similar to what you define in your question, though without "dialectical", a word which I had always previously only ever seen associated with certain political philosophies. I wasn't on telly about it though.
      May 3, 2020 2:45 PM MDT

cabal cable. And, of, course, IT'S ALL TRUMP'S FAULT!

I generally seek the positive but can't ignore the negative. Old VEEP Spiro Agnew foreshadowed Trump when he referred to the media as "nattering nabobs of negativism."
    This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at April 16, 2020 3:48 PM MDT
      April 16, 2020 3:34 PM MDT

Maybe she actually meant 'cabal'
      April 16, 2020 3:48 PM MDT