Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » If you’ve ever gone through a relationship breakup, what in your opinion was the worst reaction to it from your family/friends?

If you’ve ever gone through a relationship breakup, what in your opinion was the worst reaction to it from your family/friends?

~

Posted - April 29, 2020

Responses

I am sick of tricks, stay away from me.
      April 29, 2020 7:18 AM MDT

Huh?

:|
      April 29, 2020 7:23 AM MDT

A couple of times my family was thrilled, once they hated me for it. 

When the Ex and I split they were indifferent, really no opinion.  They did laugh when a few weeks later when it dawned on the Workaholic.  My oldest kids when they  were young then really did not care for the most part. At this point they accept it, actually they were surprised she actually showed up at their weddings.

A number of my female friends were ecstatic since I was back on the market.
      April 29, 2020 9:21 AM MDT

The "worst reaction" was finding out that certain people I cared about had been avoiding me because they didn't want to be around my significant other. It really sucked that they didn't bother to discuss this with me while I was still in the relationship. Their concerns about the guy were valid. He wasn't a good person. It would have been nice to have people in my corner while I was extracting myself from the relationship or at least have someone else validating what I was seeing since everyone always told me what a great guy he was.  
      April 29, 2020 1:32 PM MDT