Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Homo SAPS are incredibly effcient. We are killing the planet in the air on the land in the sea. Any other somewhere we can kill?

Homo SAPS are incredibly effcient. We are killing the planet in the air on the land in the sea. Any other somewhere we can kill?

Posted - April 30, 2020

Responses

No; luckily!

Everywhere else is too far away.
      May 3, 2020 3:32 PM MDT

Any space debris/trash floating out there from any of our space flights? If there is way to kill other planets or stars surely we will find a way to kill them too. We are very resourceful. Remember. AMERICA IS EXCEPTIONAL! Sigh. I'd rather not be exceptional frankly. Currently it sucks. Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 3, 2020 4:08 PM MDT

Plenty of space debris but nearly all of it is orbiting the Earth and will eventually fall back to Earth.

Luckily, most of it burns / melts and disintegrates while still at high altitude in the atmosphere; and with the sea covering two-thirds of the planet and  a sizeable proportion of the land uninhabited, the chance of the big bits hitting anyone are low.

You seem to imply a will to "kill" other planets or stars. Even if we had any reason to try it, we can't kill a planet of course, and certainly could not hurt a star; but there may come a time when Earthlings start extracting minerals from Mars or the Moon. At least they are barren so while the quarrying would spoil the place it won't harm anything outside of the quarries. I doubt we will see that time though.

We tend to leave wrecked or worn-out space-probes around the Solar System, but anything beyond is too far away for us even to visit in any practical way, let alone harm.
      May 3, 2020 4:47 PM MDT