Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Are you tired of the coronavirus hoax yet?

Are you tired of the coronavirus hoax yet?

Fear mongering and propaganda are effective tools to control the populace.

Posted - May 1, 2020

Responses

Am sure the Nurses and DRs
    totally agree with you.
    uh huh
      May 2, 2020 1:23 AM MDT

• How many deaths worldwide have been falsely attributed to the coronavirus?
      May 2, 2020 9:37 PM MDT

There possibly are some deaths attributed to the coronavirus in error.
    Another question may be: How many coronavirus deaths worldwide have been falsely attributed to something else?

Personally, I feel that we should listen to the governmental agencies, Doctors, scientist and such. 

As a Christian, the scriptures tell us to obey the governments unless they order something in opposition to God like forbid the preaching work as many have done though out the centuries, ironically primarily in 'Christian' regimes. Another example would be how Hitler ordered the extermination of ones he deemed undesirable like Jews. Christians refused to participate in that.

(Romans 13:1, 2) Let every person be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God. 2 Therefore, whoever opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God; those who have taken a stand against it will bring judgment against themselves.

(Acts 4:18-20) With that they called them and ordered them not to say anything at all or to teach on the basis of the name of Jesus. 19 But in reply Peter and John said to them: “Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you rather than to God, judge for yourselves. 20 But as for us, we cannot stop speaking about the things we have seen and heard.”

(Acts 5:29) In answer Peter and the other apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men.
      May 25, 2020 8:03 AM MDT

Kind of tired of hearing people who should know better call it a hoax. Nearly a quarter million confirmed deaths around the world does not a hoax make. 
      May 2, 2020 4:32 AM MDT

• What is the global population?
      May 2, 2020 8:16 AM MDT

7.3 billion.

Hardly makes an average of 2,000 deaths per day insignificant, nor does it make the cause of those deaths a hoax. From what numerous recovered patients have said, the effects of the disease are no hoax, either. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at May 25, 2020 7:51 AM MDT
      May 2, 2020 8:31 AM MDT

• You seem like an intelligent man. Can you honestly say that this is an epidemic? By definition it's not even close.
      May 2, 2020 9:41 PM MDT

The word is pandemic. The definition given by medical professionals who know more about such things than either you or I.

Maybe the effects aren’t great where you live, but hundreds of thousands of people are sick, tens of thousands have died.  Can you honestly say it isn’t? 

May 3, 2020 12:23 AM MDT

I personally knew a 32-year-old victim who died from the virus a couple of days ago. It's really real, and it isn't the same as the flu.  :(
      May 2, 2020 5:24 PM MDT

• Never said it was.
      May 2, 2020 9:22 PM MDT

I know - just putting it out there. 
      May 3, 2020 12:21 PM MDT

I am afraid I don't believe it's a hoax.. nearly 30k people dead in the UK.. not a laughing matter really, these were real people, with real lives, and real families. Not all were old, cite the 28 year old pregnant lady :(. Our own Boris Johnson got sick with it.. and we have lost some famous people who were national treasures, e.g. Tim Brooke Taylor, contemporary of the Monty Python lot. We've also lost doctors and nurses, people who put themselves at risk to save others. 

We get good quality news here which shows the impact and who is affected, and how so no, anyone seeing that should not be in any doubt as to the reality of this virus
      May 3, 2020 7:49 AM MDT

I am tired of the shutdown.   I have 10 cases in my county only 4 are active.  Shutdown is not needed here.   We can social distance and go about out normal lives. 

Now in some areas that is not the case.  I would not want to be in NYC, or NJ etc right now.   

The disease is not a hoax, it is real and it has killed people. It came from China. 

The hoax is claiming President Trump was not prepared for this.  If we as unprepared as the hoaxers would have us believe we would have the original millions of deaths projected. 
      May 3, 2020 7:59 AM MDT

Yes I really am, and I want these to be gett'en rid of really soon!
      May 3, 2020 1:26 PM MDT

Yes My2, that's about exactly what my Mom told me and heard from news about it-that coronavirus stuff!
      May 4, 2020 7:20 AM MDT

The disease is not a hoax.  The number of deaths is being artificially inflated and that is concerning and serious.  I've been told that all death certificates are listing COVID19 as cause of death regardless if that is true or not.  I have been asked by families about this and I say do not accept it.  It may not seem to matter now but it will.  Part of it is that Medicare is paying an extra 20% for COVID care.  I think that is BS.  The only explanations I've had is that it is to help with the cost of all of the extra personal protection required by medical staff.  Again:  BS.  That is not Medicare's responsibility.  I think there are two entirely different things going on at the same time.  One is an epidemic and the other is an experiment.  Pay attention, people! This post was edited by Thriftymaid at May 4, 2020 9:49 AM MDT
      May 3, 2020 3:37 PM MDT

Yep....always follow the money. 
      May 3, 2020 5:07 PM MDT

ew what a dumb question 
      May 3, 2020 3:54 PM MDT