Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is bringing baseball back MORE IMPORTANT than bringing back football basketball tennis golf soccer car racing horse racing scurling?

Is bringing baseball back MORE IMPORTANT than bringing back football basketball tennis golf soccer car racing horse racing scurling?

Why?

Posted - May 11, 2020

Responses

Baseball is a summer sport.  People watch football in the winter.  Baseball is also the "national pastime".  With it going, things look "normal".

May 11, 2020 9:54 AM MDT

I guess teams can play games without people in the stands and they would be televised. But what happens to the people on the teams? Do they play in masks? Odd that. I shall ask. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Thursday! :)
      May 14, 2020 1:36 AM MDT

No.  Give me football. 
      May 11, 2020 9:55 AM MDT

Everybody wants to reopen everything quickly because of MONEY!!! Businesses don't give a s^&t about people's lives. We are nothing to them and never will be.
      May 11, 2020 9:57 AM MDT

People don't have to go and could stay home and be safe...  But still....Asker's Pick still deserved for your answer...:) 
    Fools and their lives are soon parted...:(
      May 11, 2020 10:22 AM MDT

It ain't only the rich SOB's Zack! Allegedly in Michigan the wackadoodlenoodles are protesting the lockdown by storming the capitol with LOADED WEAPONS! Yeah big cheese. The dog whistles have been heard and the mad dogs are now reacting. There are millions of crackpot wackadoodlenoodles out there. Braindead. Legally carrying loaded guns. They want what they want NOW. Their way or the highway. SIGH. It will get worse. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 14, 2020 7:00 AM MDT
      May 14, 2020 1:39 AM MDT

I think I read somewhere that SOCCER teams in some countries ARE playing ... just without the stadiums full of spectators.

How about we allow car racing, without the pit crews?  lol
      May 11, 2020 10:57 AM MDT

We are going to have racing this month but no fans.
      May 11, 2020 3:43 PM MDT

I heard on the news the other day, that police in Portland (Oregon) are cracking down on street racing ... because a group of racers took it upon themselves to close two decks of one of the major bridges, so that they could have a race on it.

And yet, those same police do nothing when protesters shut down the same major highways.
      May 13, 2020 10:46 AM MDT

Are all the athletes masked? Well the pit crew probably saves lives by checking out tires etc so we will see a lot more deaths. How exciting that will be on TV! Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Thursday! :)
      May 14, 2020 1:40 AM MDT

Nope.

Can you imagine enforcing social distancing on sports?
    Some, it would be more possible than others.  Soccer or Basketball, for instance.

Baseball is already pretty spread out, unless a runner is on base.  So make the base person stand back, in that case, and throw the ball at the runner to tag them out.  lol

Football - not possible.  So they can't play.
      May 14, 2020 7:11 AM MDT

Doesn't the team hang out close together in the dugout?  Where does the visiting team sit? How do they handle that? If they don't mask and can't social distance practically what risk are they exposed to just to perform for a virtual audience through cameras long distance? More strange will be experienced I expect. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      May 14, 2020 7:41 AM MDT

Sure ... but if there's nobody in the stands, the team can spread out there.  lol
    They can also take turns in the locker room.
      May 14, 2020 12:30 PM MDT

No more or less important than any other major sport. The players want to get paid like any other workers. Having no fans shouldn't be too much of a problem, as TV ratings will go up and the networks will be paying.

May 11, 2020 11:24 AM MDT

Will they be masked and socially distance in the dugout? That should be a crock! Thank you for your reply E and Happy Thursday to thee! :)
      May 14, 2020 1:41 AM MDT