Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » For those of you who have had to be on video due to stay-at-home/quarantine, have you found that your residence is photogenic?

For those of you who have had to be on video due to stay-at-home/quarantine, have you found that your residence is photogenic?

~

Posted - May 12, 2020

Responses

Haven't managed that yet.
    My laptop is so old it has no camera on it.
    I can see others in Zoom tutorials and my poetry group meetings - rather fun.
    I feel such affection for my classmates and fellow poets.

Wollumbin National Park | Learn more | NSW National Parks

May 12, 2020 12:56 PM MDT

That’s a BEAUTIFUL scene in the photo!

~
      May 12, 2020 1:35 PM MDT

Until this morning, I never turned on my video.  This morning, I hung everything that was on the door away and neatened up what was in the camera's eye, but made sure it was a limited view.
      May 12, 2020 12:59 PM MDT

TAAAAA-DAAAAAA!!!

There are so many reasons we get along so well!  ME TOO!!!
      May 12, 2020 2:55 PM MDT

Why clean the entire house when they're only going to see a teensy bit of it?
      May 12, 2020 4:53 PM MDT

Noooooooo my background is not photogenic! And it bothers me! I use the spare bedroom which still has a lot of kid-stuff in it which isn't the most conducive background! I use Zoom and Microsoft Teams both of which are supposed to have backgrounds you can apply - they don't work for me unfortunately :( 
      May 12, 2020 1:44 PM MDT

I use both of those applications and I can’t suss how to put in the fake background  either -_- 
      May 12, 2020 2:49 PM MDT

I did the Zoom backgrounds a bit but you have to have a good processor to use it without a green screen... in theory. I ordered one and found my bare wall (a silvery-purple color) worked better. I had lots of different backgrounds- a wall of toilet paper, the hallway at the Overlook Hotel from the Shining, fancy office and library backgrounds, Minecraft, the Simpsons, Disney... lots of bizarre and fun things. I don't know if you had trouble with the app settings or just getting them to work (lighting was key for me- I had to have light in all directions and a light on the floor behind me) but if you want help troubleshooting, let me know. 

May 12, 2020 4:03 PM MDT

Thanks, we actually aren’t allowed to use zoom anymore for security reasons. Do you ever use Microsoft team? That’s the one we are using now. If so I’d love to know how to background that one :)  
      May 12, 2020 4:08 PM MDT

Sorry- I've never used it. :/ Maybe someone else here has though. 
      May 12, 2020 4:32 PM MDT

It’s no problem :) we’ve actually been cutting back on the video conferences anyway. I just get get mad when the host has all these cool backgrounds and all I had was my stupid wall. towards the end I stopped using my camera anyway. It’s a waste of makeup and putting on real clothes. 
      May 12, 2020 4:46 PM MDT

I am with SpunkySenior all the way!!!!

We won't do video unless we have at least an hour to prepare!
    Either that or I go outside and use the plants and flowers as a background.
    Nooooo no nooooo.
    There are only 2 rooms that are presentable.  The others are 1/2 torn apart. 
      May 12, 2020 2:58 PM MDT

I was stuck in video meetings quite a bit and had to host a couple webinars. Boo. For the most part, I used fake backgrounds. When they wouldn't cooperate, I just stayed close to a bare wall. My house is not the least photogenic. I specifically staged my space so nobody could walk behind me and kept my finger near the mute button at all times. lol
      May 12, 2020 4:05 PM MDT