Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I wonder. Was Boris Johnson's being infected with the COVID 19 virus and fighting for his life a blessing or a curse for the U.K.?

I wonder. Was Boris Johnson's being infected with the COVID 19 virus and fighting for his life a blessing or a curse for the U.K.?

He was forced to walk in the shoes of others and experience what it was like to almost die.

Could da big cheese American benefit from a dose of the same? Getting the virus and being put in the ICU to fight for his life?

Sometimes a blessing appears to be a curse. Only in the afterward can it be fairly assessed.

Posted - May 13, 2020

Responses

It can only be a good thing to experience first hand at how seriously he needs to deal with it.....Someone I know was in Canada when the crises started and Canada put the people in lock down instantly they said....
    They got the ladt flight home and were amazed when they landed at London airport ....there was no keeping your distant in cues and all the bars and coffee places were open and everyone was sitting next to each other...

Experiencing first hand and serviving ,must make a difference....I'm sure more time must be allowed for it to mutate into someting less harmful is needed....like the Spanish flu in 1914 ,this thing isn't going away for a year or two I think...  
      May 13, 2020 4:17 AM MDT

Da big cheese is too arrogant to learn from anything so even if he gets infected and ends up in the ICU he will blame the democrats Obama the deep state etcetera etcetera etcetera. Boris Johnson LEARNS from his experiences. Da big cheese already knows everything worth knowing so information is wasted on him. Now that the virus lives in the residence of the president maybe he'll get it. Maybe he won't. Thank you for your reply D and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      May 13, 2020 4:25 AM MDT

I don't think it was seen generally as either "blessing" or "curse"; but perhaps as a reminder that a virus is no respecter of person or rank.
      May 14, 2020 4:44 PM MDT

They've come up with a good exit (from lockdown) strategy. Yes, I think he knows exactly how serious it needs to be handled now he's experienced it firsthand. 
      May 14, 2020 4:58 PM MDT