Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Do you respond to these types of online pages (see pics)?

Do you respond to these types of online pages (see pics)?

Serious question. I'm curious to know who responds to the type of content below. These kinds of pages are made for all sorts of products/ services, so if neither of the examples resonates with you, try to imagine how you'd feel if it was something you actually wanted or cared about. (I found them at random on Google search.)

What are your thoughts when you see pages like this? Do you feel they make a compelling case or do they put you off? Ever click on one or take action on one? Any idea why you feel one way or the other?

Posted - May 13, 2020

Responses

I ignore ALL online ads and propaganda, and I will never click on one!!  
      May 13, 2020 3:34 PM MDT

I don't respond to online ads unless it's a company I've dealt with off line on another occasion.  
      May 13, 2020 3:44 PM MDT

That puts me off, I wouldn’t respond to that add. 
      May 13, 2020 3:53 PM MDT

I tend to never read or open things that pop up on my screen.....Companies selling whatever are rarely honest...
      May 13, 2020 3:59 PM MDT

Really, i don't see anything there that i would respond to.
    If it is something personally relevant to me,
    I have responded to some things that i totally
    regret. These Email ads are in some cases
    very dangerous as you probably know.
    one i looked into and wanted everything it
    said, only after 20 minutes of going around in circles
    i finally was asked for a lot of money. So i deleted and moved on
    ...just to find now i have a lot of pop ups regarding it
    every time i start up. Can't get rid of it and it has taken roots
    in my system. Some dangerous stuff out there
    with the face of innocence.
      May 13, 2020 4:41 PM MDT

I do not respond to many online ads.  But the one without the video would come closer to getting my attention.  I do not watch videos.  And will just leave if  it is appears I will have to watch one to get to what I am looking trying to find. 
      May 13, 2020 5:28 PM MDT

I don't even see them.  Seriously, it's like background wallpaper or something.  Never even get it in focus.
      May 13, 2020 6:13 PM MDT

I neither respond to them nor pay them any attention. 

~
      May 13, 2020 6:16 PM MDT

I'm not sure what they are. (Bad eyes) But since others here say they are ads, I have adblock. It works great.
      May 13, 2020 6:17 PM MDT

Pinterest has never made a compelling case for me.
    I did try it at one point, thinking perhaps it would have a wide range of choices..
    But I found the opposite; it was like a MacDonalds experience, not one I wanted to repeat.

The black and green ad doesn't work for me either. When people make claims like earning $15,000 in the first 11 days, I think this is too good to be true: it's a con job.

What has started flashing recently when I click on You Tube is ads for master classes with national a world class writers.
    For the first time ever, I'm getting ads for things I would LOVE to buy.

But alas, I can't afford them.
      May 14, 2020 2:43 AM MDT

They (the mysterious and shadowy lords of the internet) profile you and focus their vulture-like talons on picking your carcass clean of every cent possible. That’s why before installing AdBlok, I used to get ads for grammar, punctuation marks, sandwiches, easy women . . . 

May 14, 2020 8:31 AM MDT

Forget responding! I just don't pay attention to them!
    In fact I have blocked most of them on my PC! This post was edited by Ritesh at May 14, 2020 7:08 PM MDT
      May 14, 2020 12:12 PM MDT