Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » Do you like your ears?

Do you like your ears?

Posted - May 13, 2020

Responses

Lol no, it’s really the only part of me I don’t like physically. People who know me well tease me about my ears and call me an elf -_- they’re kind of pointy at top and I’m self consciousness about it. 

This post was edited by Jaimie at May 14, 2020 2:43 PM MDT
      May 13, 2020 7:03 PM MDT

That pic is stunning. I want her.
      May 13, 2020 7:06 PM MDT

I wish I'd told a neighbour of mine how much some men (including me) are into such ears, before she had some plastic surgery done. Guess I'll just tell you instead, and feel perfectly atoned.
      May 14, 2020 2:45 PM MDT

You could get some paint that is the same color of your hair and paint the pointy parts of your ears to look like your hair. Cheers!
      May 14, 2020 9:41 PM MDT

Live long, and prosper.
      May 15, 2020 3:56 AM MDT

Yes, I have ok ears. 
      May 13, 2020 7:29 PM MDT

Yes. I have very small ears, and when I was in my pre-teens or early teens, I came across a superstition that said that men with small ears would die on their 30s. For some strange reason not entirely disassociated from the superstition, I thought I’d never make it past age 33, the approximate age of Jesus Christ when He made his first departure from earthly bonds.  As I got older, I gradually forgot about my fear of untimely demise, so much so that by my early 20s it was the furthest thing on my mind.  Fast forward to about age 34 or 35, I realized that since I was still around, the superstition was either whack, or the date was a little off. Once again, it took a few months or years for me to forget it again. A decade later, nothing. 

Switching focus a little, I have been an avid runner since about age 35ish. I use headphones to listen to music while pounding the pavement, but along with my small earlobes, it turns out that the inner orifice of my ear is also very small. As such, I can’t use just any headphones. Earbuds are way too large for me, even though they come in various sizes and have rubberized thingamajigs for snugness.  They barely fit into my ears, and even if or when I get them in there, the motions of running combined with sweat cause them to pop out with the frequency of about every 30 seconds. Definitely NOT conducive to long-distance running that can often last up to two hours at a time (half marathons). I can only use headphones that wrap around the ear completely and the earpiece must be small enough to go into my ears without popping out from vibrations and/or bodily moisture. 

Do I like my ears? Yes, even being small. I’m just grateful that I wasn’t endowed with anything like those radar dishes that Will Smith has to carry around . . .

~

May 13, 2020 7:35 PM MDT

You do know what we say about men in England that has small ears don't you..!!! ...It's not good my dear little Wiener... .   :( 
      May 13, 2020 9:15 PM MDT

Maybe that’s why I didn’t die young; the superstition was false and the British supposition is also false. 

~
      May 13, 2020 10:10 PM MDT

Just staring at like that will just frighten it a bit more and most likely give it even more of a complex....Like most tiny snakes or worms that wiggle about to get themselves noticed.....not all are fit to be eaten by birds ...
    Not ever if they feel pecker'ish or if they are feeling Eel ..:( 

Any way, please don't keep looking down on yourself like this...grow up and be a big boy and take this matter in hand and make something big and better of it.....:) 
      May 14, 2020 3:50 AM MDT

My ears are as big as mud flaps and they are here to listen to other people's problems.
      May 13, 2020 7:37 PM MDT

they're ok...
    seem to be doing what they
    usually do hangin around.
      May 13, 2020 7:58 PM MDT

Yes.
    Without them it would be hard to enjoy conversations.

This post was edited by inky at May 25, 2020 6:51 PM MDT
      May 14, 2020 2:16 AM MDT

• No complaints. They're a good size, they don't stick out, they're not the weird kind where the lobes are attached...
      May 14, 2020 9:27 AM MDT

I guess so.
    I've never tried another pair, so don't have anything to compare them with.  lol
      May 14, 2020 2:38 PM MDT

Yes.  I have very nice ears.  Most people don't notice ears but I do.  Mine have not grown as I've aged; I'm thankful for that. My hair is always pulled up in a clip which I couldn't do if I had ugly ears.   I notice that as they age many people's ears grow, especially men.

May 14, 2020 3:47 PM MDT

That's probably skull-shrinkage, not ear-growage.

~
      May 14, 2020 6:13 PM MDT

No, I've seen some as big as a half saucer.   I always have had a smallish head...hats always too big.  I confirmed I had the wrong size head in my college anthropology class.  I have plenty of IQ...just imagine if I had more space. 
      May 14, 2020 6:57 PM MDT

I also have one of those peabody heads.  Say, maybe you and I are twins who were stolen at birth each by separate people and raised apart!

~
      May 14, 2020 6:59 PM MDT

I've been thinking about how I'm not like anyone else in my family.  I could dig a RandyD brother.  :)

Why is it called a peabody head? 
      May 14, 2020 7:03 PM MDT

When I was growing up (it could have just been our local culturalisms), a small head was referred to as a peabody head or a beanbody head.  It has to do with the size of a pea or the size of a bean compared to other people's "normally" sized heads.  Grrrrr.

(The opposite extreme was fathead or boulderhead.)

~
      May 14, 2020 7:06 PM MDT

Nope. Noddy is a friend of mine. I can carry Will Smith's ears in my ears.
      May 15, 2020 3:58 AM MDT

They seem to do me very well, and I hear extremely well. So, yes I do in fact like my ears. This post was edited by Nightwolf5 at August 10, 2020 3:45 AM MDT
      August 9, 2020 7:07 PM MDT