Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Music » Among songs you like, do certain songs have little moments that you REALLY, OVER-THE-TOP love?

Among songs you like, do certain songs have little moments that you REALLY, OVER-THE-TOP love?

My two examples at the moment:

1)

David Bowie's  "Let's Dance"  from the 2:50 to 2:55 marks -- when he sings " tremble like a FloWERRR!!"

The way he stresses the "WER" syllable!  HOT to me! Ha!

2)

Deniece Williams  "Let's Hear It for the Boy"

the literal, one second moment at 3:29  -- she jumps way up high with her voice! So effortlessly!! Beautiful to me! And I often think "Take THAT, Mariah Carey! Mariah, you try to show off too much. Deniece just lets it fly for one second, yes!"

And I admit - - Carey has a great voice, I just much prefer how Williams uses her voice in this song.

Posted - May 14, 2020

Responses

There is nothing that stands out in this song but I had to post in honor of your first choice.  I wish David Bowie was still around to teach me to dance!!  Unfortunately, I fall under the Genesis/Phil category. ;) :)
      May 14, 2020 11:29 AM MDT

I forgot about that song. :)  I like it.
    And didn't know the other two guys in Genesis are that handsome, ha.
    The pool table scene is funny in this video, with one shot, all the balls go in the pockets. :)
    It's a fun music video.
    :)
      May 14, 2020 5:18 PM MDT

Goodness Gracious Great Balls O' Fire!!!  There are so many, the list would be extraordinarily LONG. 

That song having one of the those extra ordinary moments!

Here's one many of us know. The song isn't too uplifting but the emotion in the drum solo is awesome!  I know I play air drums every time and I've heard this well into the thousands!

This post was edited by Merlin at May 14, 2020 4:23 PM MDT
      May 14, 2020 11:40 AM MDT

Yeah, this song grabs me every time. So dark and but so very enticing to me. Yup -  his drumming is great!

Collins is handsomer in black and white than in full color in the "I Can't Dance". Ha!

I plan on posting my favorite solo Phil Collins song.

Oh -- my favorite Phil Collins solo song is "I Don't Care Anymore" --

here's the song :)

I like his drumming on this song, too - -I really like how he signs the song, though -- he sounds more and more pissed as the song goes on and I love it!  :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 14, 2020 8:08 PM MDT
      May 14, 2020 5:24 PM MDT

Hi again, Merlin!

I got mad at myself here earlier, in my other reply to you here under "In the Air Tonight" - - was having trouble posting the "I Don't Care Anymore" Phil Collins song there -- I meant to delete the stuff that I had posted in anger. But I had left it up longer than I intended. Woops! If you saw it, I'm sorry! Please accept my apology. :)
    I got rid of the "angry-at-myself" stuff now - - and everything in that other reply is what I wanted to keep.
    Sorry, again, my friend.

May 14, 2020 8:16 PM MDT

Good Morning Welby~
    You can do no wrong in myeyes  or my ears.
    If ever I hurt you, it would bring me tears.
    Have no fears,
    I love you for years and years and years
    and then some more years to follow!
    Hugs and Loves and Please Stay  Safe, Happy, and Healthy!
    :) :)!! This post was edited by Merlin at May 17, 2020 12:04 PM MDT
      May 17, 2020 10:42 AM MDT

Thanks so much, Merlin!
    And you've never hurt me, nope. :)

Yes, I'm staying safe and hanging in, a day at a time. :)

My best to you (and Don), too! 

- - And I still smile that he and I have both said, "I'm just talking out loud." and I'm also glad that you shared with him that I had said it and he thought it was funny, too - - probably because he could relate, ha!

Hey, Sly and the Family Stone's "Everyday People" just came on - - I love that song! Maybe you know it, too. I like that group a lot. :)

May 17, 2020 11:06 AM MDT

Me too!!
    Giggles, smiles, and love that lasts for miles!!
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
      May 17, 2020 12:07 PM MDT

Yeah, I can relate. Some of my favorite songs have little parts, sometimes unusual spots in songs, and most times not picked up by others which triggers happiness for me. 

One example; Mark Owen singing a verse of "Back for Good" live. It isn't even a particularly good live version, but it's his Mancunian accent in his singing which makes it awesome.

A small segment of it;
      May 14, 2020 4:22 PM MDT

Nice!! I like his singing here, too!
     And, yes - - I find him good looking, too! Ha!

And that looks like Robbie Williams with him there, too? Another good-looking guy to me, ha - - I like a lot of Robbie Williams' solo work.

And, yeah -- exactly what you posted in your answer - - there are a lot of songs for me with moments like that. Things that most people would not latch on to like I do, like the two moments I posted in my question. :)
      May 14, 2020 5:44 PM MDT

Yeah, that's Robbie Williams. They were both members of "Take That", a 90's boyband.

It's a good catchy one. :)
      May 16, 2020 4:05 PM MDT

I hadn't heard that song before. It is catchy, you're right.   Whoa - - did you catch my unintended pun?! -- "you're right."

I  like the part, it happens more than once  "  . .  all stand up . . ." -- the vocal harmonies or whatever, for some reason.

And Lulu, I see! :)

I know some of Take That's music (and I knew Williams was in the group but didn't know the others). Hadn't paid a lot of  attention to their physical looks - - I now can see that the prerequisite to be in the group was being handsome, hot and ripped. Ha!
    Oh, and they probably had to be able to sing, too, I guess. :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 17, 2020 10:39 AM MDT
      May 16, 2020 6:08 PM MDT

Yeah, absolutely! :)

All of the members are very good, but Robbie was one of the stand-out ones. But , I think I like Gary Barlow the best. He's the one who sang lead for most of Take That songs. 
      May 17, 2020 10:12 AM MDT

Is that him singing on the lead on this song? This guy is good. I might have to look up more of their stuff. I like the instrumental backup on this song, too.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 17, 2020 1:00 PM MDT
      May 17, 2020 11:13 AM MDT

It is him, yes. :)

He's currently making videos to keep fans entertained during lockdown. Collaborations, and such. 

May 17, 2020 1:03 PM MDT

Got here way late to your comment, sorry! - - hope to come back  - I'm pretty tired right now, though. 
      May 29, 2020 6:57 PM MDT

That's ok bud. Have a good night. :)
      May 29, 2020 7:11 PM MDT

I forgot to "like" your reply to me, from almost a year ago! Woops! Hope you're great. I miss seeing you here on the site.
      April 5, 2021 7:20 PM MDT

Your too young to know Marty Robins' song, El Paso; but the last words, "One little kiss and Felina, Goodbye." just slay me every time.  :{

May 22, 2020 9:14 PM MDT

So sorry, CallMeIshmael - - I failed by only coming across your answer a week after you posted it! Sorry!

I hope to come back -- getting zonked at the moment.

May 29, 2020 6:55 PM MDT

I can see why you react that way to the words!

So sorry I took almost a year to come back. Shame on me. (I do remember for a while I was posting a lot of music questions and lots of people posted lots of songs. I haven't kept up so well.)
    Hope you're good. Haven't seen you for a while on the site.
      April 5, 2021 7:30 PM MDT

Hi there, Mr. Welby. I like your question for some reason.

An example for me is Starship's "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now"- - the song is okay for me but I LOVE how Grace sings the word  "crazy" - - and she sings it in the same way twice in the song!! I don't know why I so very much like her word but I surely do!

April 5, 2021 7:23 PM MDT