Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Sign on bench says "WET PAINT". You touch it. Sign says "Don't walk on the grass". You walk on the grass. Can't you read?

Sign on bench says "WET PAINT". You touch it. Sign says "Don't walk on the grass". You walk on the grass. Can't you read?

Sign says "No Parking". You park.
Sign says "Bridge out ahead". You step on the accelerator to race through.

What's wrong with you?

Posted - May 14, 2020

Responses

Generally speaking, people don't like restrictions.  They hate being told what they and can't do.  They think it's their right to do anything they please.  Then there's the lure of the forbidden.  When someone is told not to do something, they suddenly want to do it (even though they had no intention of doing it before they were told). The lure is almost intoxicating.  Of course, there are always people who are simply jerks.  The do the opposite of what they're told just to invoke a reaction (I have a nephew like that).
      May 14, 2020 12:36 PM MDT

Those are there to INFORM WARN PROTECT Shuhak. But what you say is obviously true. Look at the wackadoodlenoodle wingnut crackpots who PROTEST WITH LOADED GUNS to be allowed to get back to their normal lives so they can die or get very ill or cause others to get very ill or die? AND THEN in Wisconsin what do the lunkheads do? GO OUT TO BARS AND GET DRUNK SITTING CLOSE TOGETHER! Seriously stupid. They can get drunk cheaper at home and stay alive. What's wrong with these idiots? I really am perplexed shocked aggravated annoyed and irate! They can kill themselves but they have no right to murder others. They do not value life. I do. It's absurd peculiar queer and ridiculous as are all of them. SIGH.  I know. Preaching to the choir again. Apologies. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to you! :)
      May 15, 2020 2:23 AM MDT

Well, maybe if they had written "please"...
      May 14, 2020 12:47 PM MDT

That just made my day, ha!
    :)

-- I have to leave now and, as I got ready to sign off, I saw your answer. Thank you, Danilo G!
      May 14, 2020 12:49 PM MDT

If they're not going to be polite about it, that just means they're asking for it, right? Come to think of it, the best solution might be to put up a sign that says "TOUCH THE PAINT" or "YOU MUST WALK ON THE GRASS."

Nice to see you, Welby--have a good one!
      May 14, 2020 2:05 PM MDT

Ha!

Great to see you, too -- you have a good one, too!
      May 14, 2020 6:14 PM MDT

Honestly DG I didn't think there was anything funny about what I wrote but you just cracked me up! Being polite doesn't seem to work. "Please" and "thank you" used to be referred to as "the magic words". Don't know if you are old enough to remember that but trust me they were. At least that's what my mom told me. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday. You and yours doing OK I hope? :
      May 15, 2020 2:26 AM MDT

I remember, Rosie! Those magic words carry some meaning still, to those who will have them.

We're well over here, thank you: life on the countryside hasn't been affected as much, and restrictions are easing in Serbia. Sending you my very best wishes, and a Happy Friday!
      May 15, 2020 1:22 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply m'dear. I'm glad things are becoming more relaxed in your country. I think there is a huge price to pay in densely populated cities so living out in the country can literally save your life. We have parts of northern California that are like that. And then we have our very big cities. SIGH. Happy Saturday to thee and thine DG! :):):)
      May 16, 2020 1:48 AM MDT

I think they can read, but they just want to do what they want to do.. they are often very selfish and don't care about the consequences if their actions harm others or make it worse for others
      May 14, 2020 2:22 PM MDT

The words are there to INFORM PROTECT WARN. In the olden days we appreciated being INFORMED (with truth) WARNED (so we wouldn't be harmed in any way) and PROTECTED (because when you are not protected bad things can happen). They are uniformly braindead if they ever had brains which is highly doubtful. These are the parents who atack you for trying to inform them of how to help their children eat better so they will be healthier. No one tells them what to do. If they want to feed the obese and sickly kids JUNK FOOD 24/7 they have to right to do so and they don't want no lousy outsiders telling them informing them about anything. IQ of 25 at best their children suffer and turn out just like them. Oh well Addb it's just back luck for those children. A tragedy really but what are ya gonna do? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to you. Doing well so far I hope?
      May 15, 2020 2:30 AM MDT

I know this is an old post but I have been thinking about this the last few days - with my neighbours having throughout defied lockdown rules by having people round to entertain/visit and even inviting (racist!) older people round. I thought why don't some people seem to feel the rules apply to them? I don't get it.. it's antisocial, it's anti everyone else.. it's selfish!
      June 1, 2020 3:23 AM MDT