Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "The more we protect lives. The more we protect livelihoods". Makes sense doesn't it or is it dense nonsense designed to incense?

"The more we protect lives. The more we protect livelihoods". Makes sense doesn't it or is it dense nonsense designed to incense?

Posted - May 20, 2020

Responses

We protect lives by protecting livelihoods. 

Poverty makes for poor health. 
      May 20, 2020 7:16 AM MDT

Good answer and good point. A point far too many people either forget or tend to ignore.
      May 20, 2020 7:33 AM MDT

What we see, of course, is that some folks are so blinded by Trump hatred that they can't think rationally about any issue.
      May 20, 2020 8:00 AM MDT

I can't argue with that. :)
      May 20, 2020 1:27 PM MDT

I'm confused. What the person said means he doesn't think opening up states too early is a smart move. That is not protecting lives. That is jeopardizing them. So what am I not understanding from your reply m2c?  I agree with that but you don't right? You agree with opening up everything per the powers that be right? See why I'm confused? So how about unconfusing me. Okey dokey?
      May 20, 2020 7:35 AM MDT

It means that it's safer in some places than others based on variables like population density. For example, it's been deemed safe to reopen some parts of New York state but not others. There's no simple, one-size-fits-all answer.
      May 20, 2020 7:56 AM MDT

I believe it should be based on the data from each particular area.  My area has 1 active case.  NYC still has 1.000s.....my county should not be treated like NYC.   I think it should be up to local leaders.....data varies by county even a state has different areas that have different stats. 

There is no one size fits all in the country and we should not try to make it fit. 
      May 20, 2020 12:34 PM MDT

Here in Michigan most of the virus cases and deaths are centered in the Detroit area and the 4 counties surrounding it. This makes up about 85 to 90% of the virus cases and deaths. The rest of Michigan is pretty benign in regard to confirmed cases and deaths. Yet the entire state is in lockdown until the 28th of this month and possibly into June. There is no reason to impose a statewide lockdown.
      May 20, 2020 2:35 PM MDT

Oh No. You are in the crazy Governor state.  No paint, no seeds, etc.....My sympathies.

But yes, the majority of cases are always going to be in the metro areas because there are more people in a smaller area. This post was edited by my2cents at May 20, 2020 3:57 PM MDT
      May 20, 2020 3:23 PM MDT

Yup, the crazy Gov state. :) Those who voted her into the office now wish they hadn't. There's a lot of unrest here mainly because of the draconian measures she is implementing. Something tells me she won't be reelected. :)
      May 20, 2020 4:07 PM MDT

Did you hear she said the Biden campaign approached her about possible VP?   LOL  That would certainly be the topper. This post was edited by my2cents at May 21, 2020 8:24 AM MDT
      May 20, 2020 4:37 PM MDT

Yup, I heard about that. I just read an article about that in The Detroit News. They said that she was mentioned as a potential running mate for Joe Biden. Then they went on to say Whitmer praised former Vice President Joe Biden for committing to picking a woman to be his running mate, but "it's not going to be me," she told MSNBC. 

Whether or not she wants to be vice president and whether or not Biden chooses her, is up for grabs. But, you are right, that would be a topper. A circus act this country doesn't need. :)
      May 21, 2020 8:45 AM MDT