Active Now

Thebigd
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Went to Kaiser Pharmacy to pick up prescriptions. They took our temp before we were allowed in the building. Gave us a RED DOT to wear. You?

Went to Kaiser Pharmacy to pick up prescriptions. They took our temp before we were allowed in the building. Gave us a RED DOT to wear. You?

Are other places taking temperatures and giving you an OK dot or label? We're fine okay great no problem. Howya doin' and are you taking your temperatures?

Posted - May 21, 2020

Responses

The hospital I work at does that, also.
    And it's a different color each day, so you can't "sneak in" with a previous dot.
      May 21, 2020 3:04 PM MDT

Awesome. Perhaps hospital administrations around the country put their heads together to figure out a method of screening. A different color dot each day is brilliant! Ours was red yesterday and on the dot was printed the date. It's just seems so logical a thing to do but we were blown away. There is only one entrance now through which EVERYONE has to pass. Before there were several doors you could use to access going in. In front there is a phalanx of people with different jobs. First they take your temp with one of those radar guns and ask why you are there. Picking up a prescription requires nothing else so you pass the temp test get dotted and just go line up according to the social distancing markers. If you have appointments there are other things to do I suppose. It just seemed "NORMAL" Walt. Logical. Sensible. Felt comforting. Thank you for your reply. I guess you have your temp taken daily and wear dots too? This post was edited by RosieG at May 22, 2020 6:01 AM MDT
      May 22, 2020 6:00 AM MDT

Our pharmacies and other shops that can open are not going that far, certainly not those in my locality, but do operate a one-in-one-out rule or similar controls. Larger premises have marked the floor with queuing points and one-way systems.  

One physically very small food shop in our town has placed a table across the door to use as the counter, so you can't enter it. 
      May 21, 2020 3:32 PM MDT

Our Governor acted fairly quickly to lock our state down Durdle. Different companies complied with that order and now everywhere we go there are six-foot markers on the floors...directional arrows showing you which way to shop so people don't collide. At the pharmacy we knew exactly where to stand. In the grocery stores when we are ready to check out we know where to stand. At the bank we have specific spots on which to stand. As far as we can tell everyone is doing the right thing. No holdouts at all. Now as far as the people are concerned some are maskless. They are all trump-adoring worshippers who will be DAM*ED to comply if he doesn't. The powers that be is modeling that for them and they follow his lead without question or exception. I cut them a wide swath. Not my cuppa tea. Not team players. Arrogant ignorant selfish mindless robotic automatons. Arrogant ignorance or Ignorant arrogance. Either way a wondrous combination! Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 22, 2020 5:03 AM MDT
      May 22, 2020 5:02 AM MDT

No. I go to CVS and they do not such thing. Don't know if that's just here in NYC or nationwide.
      May 21, 2020 3:36 PM MDT