Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you feel safe walking anywhere at night? Where is your where if you do? And do you?

Do you feel safe walking anywhere at night? Where is your where if you do? And do you?

Posted - May 22, 2020

Responses

For the most part, yes.  Oh sure, there are certain places here that everyone knows to avoid at night, such as Safeway's parking lot (homeless), and the city park (drug deals).  But for the most part, the most dangerous thing about waking here at night here is stumbling over a tree root in the dark (even on a paved road).
      May 22, 2020 10:00 AM MDT

Yabut. Yes but you live in a section of Paradise Shuhak. Northern California is awesomely gorgeous. So many nooks and crannies of nifty cities. It's different for you where you live. Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 22, 2020 12:39 PM MDT

Not in the dark in the house---my dogs have ninja blood in their pedigree.
      May 22, 2020 11:12 AM MDT

That's a horse of a different color of course tom! We are dogless. We used to have a fierce cat...our beloved Tigger. But he passed on a few years ago and now it's just Jim and me. Remember the old MAGNUM series with the two guard dogs...Apollo was the name of one, I forget the other one's name.. Are your dogs like that? Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 22, 2020 2:20 PM MDT

Zeus and Apollo were the dogs' names.
    I think it's the same names in the newer Magnum PI series, also.
      May 22, 2020 2:46 PM MDT

Zeus! Right you are ducks! Thanks Walt. I watch the reruns. The Originals with Tom Selleck. I don't like the new series. Higgins is a dame fer cryin' out loud! Changes the entire dynamics! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 23, 2020 2:29 AM MDT
      May 22, 2020 2:48 PM MDT

No, they are just silent when they move and easy to trip over because I'm never sure where they have decided to plop down---Both are rescues; one is all black and the other is so dark she might as well be.

May 23, 2020 5:29 PM MDT

Splendid. You gave rescue dogs a home. I will never understand how anyone can abandon an animal much less mistreat one. I can't watch those ads on TV where they zero in on animals in cages who look frightened and so sad. GOOD FOR YOU tom. Our cat Tigger adopted us years ago. Sadly he passed away a few years ago. He did more good for us than we ever did for him. Thank you for your reply. It's nice to feel secure enough in your home to just plop down anywhere and know you won't be trampled on! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 24, 2020 6:56 PM MDT
      May 24, 2020 2:12 AM MDT

I feel ... prepared ... when I go out.  Night or day.

Even in the safest areas, you can't rely on being "safe".
    Some crazy could decide to attack you at random.
    You could be walking along a "deserted path", with no one in sight ... and some wacko drops out of a tree and attacks you.
    (yeah, it happened once at a local park.  not to me.)
      May 22, 2020 2:50 PM MDT

"Prepared"? How if I may ask? Are you a gun person? If so do you always carry one?I would never never ever walk along a "deserted" path. You know how in the movies or TV shows someone always goes into a scary dark dangerous place and pokes around? That would NEVER BE ME! For one thing I'm not very big. I'm 5' 6 and slender so if a 200 lb anyone drops from a tree on me I die on the spot! You might be tall and imposing so no one would take you on. I remember when my son was growing up he had broad shoulders and got to be very tall. No one ever approached him. He is gentle as a lamb but from looking at him you'd never know that. Coaches wanted him to play football in high school but he wanted no part of it! Appearance can work for you or against you. Thank you for your reply Walt! This post was edited by RosieG at May 24, 2020 2:14 AM MDT
      May 23, 2020 2:34 AM MDT

I live in the second-largest city in Michigan and yes I feel safe walking at night which I've done several times.
      May 22, 2020 3:07 PM MDT

I was born in Highland Park, Michigan a suburb of Detroit. You a native? Thank you for your reply ru and Happy Saturday to you.
      May 23, 2020 2:35 AM MDT

In my neighborhood. Physical restriction keeps me from doing so. There are sections of this city I don't feel safe walking or even driving through during the daylight hours.
      May 22, 2020 5:33 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply E and Happy Saturday to thee. Your Governor is doing an outstanding job and will probably be or is a target of the powers that be. :)
      May 23, 2020 2:36 AM MDT

Maybe...he's a republican with a brain.
      May 24, 2020 5:49 AM MDT

There are many FORMER Republicans E. MANY. To have one who is a pol now doing what he believes to be the right thing to do IN SPITE OF or DESPITE the threat of the powers that be is amazing to me. It's nice to be amazed to offset every day of being disappointed. Thank you for your reply! :) I wonder if he will be forced to "pay a price" one day. I hope not.
      May 24, 2020 6:26 AM MDT