Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How many COVID 19 deaths in your country so far? Are you allowed to know that number or are they playing fast and loose with it?

How many COVID 19 deaths in your country so far? Are you allowed to know that number or are they playing fast and loose with it?

Posted - May 27, 2020

Responses

I think the US number is around 101,000.

Global is around 351,000.

This morning, NPR had a story predicting Brazil would have over 125,000 through August 4th ... and continue to increase after that.

New forecasts from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) at the University of Washington find COVID-19 deaths exceeding 125,000 through early August and continuing to increase after that.

The Institute’s analysis concludes there will be 125,833 deaths by August 4, with a possible range as low as 68,311 and as high as 221,078. 

https://www.healthdata.org/news-release/new-ihme-projection-sees-covid-19-deaths-brazil-more-125000

There are also fears that the virus could result in the "genocide" of indigenous tribes, as they have virtually no access to healthcare.
      May 27, 2020 11:34 AM MDT

This is how some species become extinct then? Now you see them now you don't? How sad is that Walt? Are you at all afraid? I KNOW you're smart and are taking precautions but are you afraid that somehow someway someone will transmit/transfer/infect you? Do you have any underlying conditions? Jim and I do. We're both VERY OLD. That cannot be changed so we are doing our best to accommodate to it. Anyway thank you for your very information-filled and helpful reply and the links. Thoughtful! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 27, 2020 12:03 PM MDT
      May 27, 2020 12:00 PM MDT