Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you are not holding an FCC permit you cannot use the airwaves for any reason. You need to be licensed to do so. What are FCC rules?

If you are not holding an FCC permit you cannot use the airwaves for any reason. You need to be licensed to do so. What are FCC rules?

Is truth once again expendable? If a license holder does nothing but transmit lies and fake conspiracies and insults and attacks and defames as it's basic format why does the FCC continue to allow it to operate? FAUX News should be dead in the water. So too should anything coming from the fingers or mouths or gut or butt of donjohntrump. It shouldn't matter what the source or the packaging is. CONTENT should matter. Why doesn't it?

Have they no DECENCY?

Posted - May 28, 2020

Responses

Actually you can, but there are strict limits on frequency and distance. Otherwise bluetooth, wireless security cameras and even using a TV remote would be illegal.
      May 28, 2020 9:43 AM MDT

GUESS WHAT I FOUND? Remember our cheesy conversation? Well checked GOOGLE to see what stores might carry Mersey Valley Cheddar and a couple of brands came up with which I'm familiar. Never knew it was an Aussie cheese although I don't know if it from the Mersey Valley. In small print it says it's made with cheese from Australia. I got a tub of the spreadable sharp cheddar. OLD CROC. Then they had a smoked cheddar but we don't like smoked if it's that liquid smoke. So I got the roasted garlic and herb aged cheddar. OLD CROC. I'm not quite sure what "made with Australian aged cheddar" means but I'm gonna find out. Getting back to your answer. You don't need a license to operate? Oy vey! Thank you for your reply R and Happy Friday (my thursday)!! :)
      May 28, 2020 12:15 PM MDT

I think the limit is about fifty metres. Any more than that, you need a license.
      May 28, 2020 4:27 PM MDT

Thanks R. Too bad the posts of liars can't be shut down. I just thought of another WHAT IF. Will ask it. Happy Friday! :)
      May 29, 2020 1:01 AM MDT

The use of CB (citizens band) radios used to require an FCC license, but no longer does. Also, small businesses (taxis and numerous others) don't need a license. I have personal 2-way radio sets that don't need them, either. All of them are low power and do not interfere with major broadcast transmissions. Also, military communication devices do not require licenses.
      May 28, 2020 5:46 PM MDT

A friend of mine had a "pirate" station in the late 80s. To begin with, he had a 1W FM bug, perfectly legal. He tried amping it up to 5W and the ACA (forerunner to our current ACMA) squelched him.
      May 28, 2020 5:57 PM MDT

Squelch...good pun.
      May 28, 2020 6:00 PM MDT

Thank you for the comprehensive informative reply. I appreciate it. I worked for a company that owned 7 McDonald Restaurants. We needed FCC licenses for every restaurant I guess because of communicating to drive-through customers. Staff wore headphones and customers talked into a menu box adjacent to the DRIVE-THROUGH that fed into the restaurant so they could place their orders. That is I think that was the why. I never really understood why tell you the truth. Maybe there was other stuff going on that I knew nothing about.  That was several decades ago. Happy Friday to thee E. This post was edited by RosieG at May 29, 2020 1:23 AM MDT
      May 29, 2020 1:21 AM MDT