Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do you believe that we are in the last days?

Do you believe that we are in the last days?

Personally, I feel that through gradualism, most have become complacent and feel that what mankind is dealing with is normal. Thoughts?

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/end-times-prophecy-sign/

Posted - May 29, 2020

Responses

Though neither belief nor emotion conveys actual understanding. 
      May 29, 2020 2:51 PM MDT

You're right and I think and I believe are not powerful action verbs and useless for progression in a group context. They are more philosophers terms. This would probably be in the 17 words people use or don't use to reveal dynamism in a quest for control. 

This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at May 29, 2020 3:08 PM MDT
      May 29, 2020 2:57 PM MDT

Sorry if I was wrong or offended you in my wording.
    Is this valid? "a sensation of something felt; a vague mental impression or feeling: a feel of winter; a feel of sadness in the air."

Most of my beliefs are solidly based on the scriptures, that was my personal non-fact based hunch of an opinion, if I may say that?
      May 31, 2020 4:01 AM MDT

Mayhaps.

May 29, 2020 6:49 AM MDT

Hi Element 99, is that a depiction of your understanding of what is supposed to happen at the last day, the earth and life being destroyed?
      May 31, 2020 4:03 AM MDT

Yep...it will be fun to watch.
      May 31, 2020 8:40 AM MDT

Contrary to the rapture doctrine, the Bible shows that the earth remains forever, just without the wicked.

(Ecclesiastes 1:4) A generation is going, and a generation is coming, But the earth remains forever.

(Psalm 37:10, 11) Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.
    (Matthew 25:46) These will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”
    (Revelation 21:4) And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
      May 31, 2020 9:39 AM MDT

I hope this does not sound rude, but when I see bible passage in answers here I don't read them. You haven't figured out my humour yet.
      May 31, 2020 10:02 AM MDT

You realize this as a Religous question, right? 
      May 31, 2020 10:30 AM MDT

Yeah, I know you are a humorous person with no ill will intended. I just have hope toward God that all sorts of people will come to an accurate knowledge of truth and be saved.

If there is no God and the Bible, which tells us why we are in the situation that we are in and what the remedy is, is just from men, what hope is there for anyone?
    If where we are now is the result of billions of years of evolution, what hope is there?
      May 31, 2020 10:42 AM MDT

Not yet. Too many people are expecting it.
    It will happen when nobody expects it, like the Spanish Inquisition. 
      May 29, 2020 3:38 PM MDT

Hi Slartibartfast, are you thinking that because no one knows the day or the hour that no one could recognize a composite sign of a time period or season so to speak?
    (Matthew 24:36-40) “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 40 Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken along and the other abandoned.

(Matthew 24:44) On this account, you too prove yourselves ready, because the Son of man is coming at an hour that you do not think to be it.
      May 31, 2020 4:07 AM MDT

And 1 Thess 5:2. A thief does NOT show up if the householder is waiting for him.
      May 31, 2020 5:27 AM MDT

(1 Thessalonians 5:2) For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night.

No one knows the day or hour. But what do you make of Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21, Revelation, 2 Tim 3:1-5, Daniel 2, Daniel 12, 2 Peter 3, etc? All of that could have just been left out of the Bible if we were to be clueless as to when we were in the last days and the conditions that would prevail then, yes? (2 Tim 3:16)

(Matthew 24)
    ... 3 While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”
    32  “Now learn this illustration from the fig tree: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and sprouts its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 Likewise also you, when you see all these things, know that he is near at the doors.
    (2 Timothy 3:1-5) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. ...
    (Revelation 1:1-3) A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John, 2 who bore witness to the word God gave and to the witness Jesus Christ gave, yes, to all the things he saw. 3 Happy is the one who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy and who observe the things written in it, for the appointed time is near.
    (Daniel 12:4) “As for you, Daniel, keep the words secret, and seal up the book until the time of the end. Many will rove about, and the true knowledge will become abundant.”
    (2 Peter 3:3, 4) First of all know this, that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.”

May 31, 2020 5:58 AM MDT

Keep reading....
    1 Thess 5:4 Those who believe will not be surprised like a theif in the night 
      May 31, 2020 7:46 AM MDT

I believe in Friday being the last day before the weekend. 
      May 29, 2020 8:52 PM MDT

Yeah, and it's 5 O'clock somewhere!
      May 31, 2020 4:07 AM MDT

Yes.  Everyday that goes by is one day closer to the day Jesus returns. 

We know it will not be tomorrow as there are prophecies that must come to pass before His return. 

1 Thes 5:4
    2 Thes 2:3
    Matt 24:15 
      May 31, 2020 8:17 AM MDT

Yes, I believe we are living in the last days. The first coming of Jesus ushered in this final season/last days of world history and His Second Coming is the next major step in prophecy. When will the Second Coming occur? Only God knows. (Matthew 24:36-44) So I'm not about to engage in speculation and guesswork to try to pinpoint the exact time of an event that only God knows.
      June 5, 2020 5:45 PM MDT

Yes!!! The last days of the Republican Party.
      June 5, 2020 6:00 PM MDT

i think its possible
      June 22, 2020 3:50 PM MDT