Active Now

Spunky
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » trump actually knows what a bible is. He said so on television. Are you amazed?

trump actually knows what a bible is. He said so on television. Are you amazed?

He does look rather confused, though.

Posted - June 2, 2020

Responses

Does it matter?  I don't care if he has read the Bible. He is not my pastor. He is my President and he actively protects my right to practice my religion and does not ridicule those who chose to do so. That is all I expect. And it is about time. This post was edited by my2cents at June 2, 2020 8:49 PM MDT
      June 2, 2020 6:38 PM MDT

So well said. After all the grief we I guess are obliged to take on the net for being believers.  I am in my 60s and can remember a time in this country when it was just expected that most people believed. Which helped make America great. 
      June 2, 2020 8:52 PM MDT

Believing in some deity or a book is not what makes America great.  It's our values, our freedoms.  You don't have to believe in a deity or a book to be a good person.  
      June 3, 2020 1:18 PM MDT

Happy, but Not at all surprised.  
      June 2, 2020 6:42 PM MDT

Of course he does. Why is it so difficult to grasp the simple concept that while anyone can be a buffoon, nobody capable of being elected president is a stupid person?
      June 2, 2020 6:47 PM MDT

He thinks the Bible is a good prop for a photo op while he is standing in front of a church. Says he loves the bible even more than his own book 'Art of the Deal' because the bible 'goes all the way'.
      June 2, 2020 11:39 PM MDT

He was lying.. he self-confesses he doesn't go to church, he has been unable/unwilling to cite which part of the bible is his favourite - and this strongly seemed as though he didn't actually know! 

He used it as a prop - he did so playing on and using the gullibility of some of his supporters. It was at best hypocritical and at worse... well best I not go there!

Oh and lest we forget.... he had a crowd of peaceful protesters tear-gassed and hounded out for this photo opportunity! Intentions matter... well this does too. This post was edited by Adaydreambeliever at June 3, 2020 3:33 PM MDT
      June 3, 2020 1:27 PM MDT

Yeah...that Australian camera man was thrilled about getting hit with that cop's shield and his partner getting hit on her arse with a club.
      June 3, 2020 3:35 PM MDT

no, that dont surprise me
      June 22, 2020 1:56 PM MDT