Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » I’ve never had qualms about buying menstruation-related products for my wife. Guys, what are your experiences with doing that for women?

I’ve never had qualms about buying menstruation-related products for my wife. Guys, what are your experiences with doing that for women?

Over the years her needs have changed, of course, because due to menopause, she only uses panty liners these past few years, but when we were first married, it was tampons or Kotex, etc.  It has never embarrassed me or made me nervous to walk up to a cashier, either woman or man, with those items either as my only purchase or along with other merchandise. I’ve never been worried that someone would think the items are for my, I think that’s an extremely silly worry.

As opposed to any anxiety about the products’ use, I’ve been more concerned with getting the right brand, the right type, the right size, etc. To overcome any problems in that particular area, I merely ask her for the label from the last package she used, or to at least write down exactly what I need to look for. 

~

Posted - June 5, 2020

Responses

I never had a problem with it. I bought her a box of panty liners a few days ago.
      June 5, 2020 8:46 AM MDT

My husband would do it but he would go in a small drug store, scope it out for acquaintances, then make the purchase.  As we moved out of our young/newlywed/college years and had two cars, I stopped asking him.
      June 5, 2020 4:54 PM MDT

I’ve always found it a little silly and dweebish that guys have a problem doing it. 

~

June 5, 2020 5:11 PM MDT

I don't.  I didn't like buying them either when I was young.   You wouldn't catch me buying a condom either.  Ever.
      June 5, 2020 5:34 PM MDT

i dont see anything wrong with guys doing that
      June 21, 2020 4:46 PM MDT

It's been years since I've needed to add them to my shopping list---as the choices of brands, types, and sizes proliferated, I did require her to write down her precise request with one alternate.

Buying toilet paper doesn't bother me either---especially given the alternative to buying it or a similarly functional product.

June 21, 2020 5:05 PM MDT

Dare we not bring the wrong brand.
      June 21, 2020 5:08 PM MDT

Well, as women say, "Size matters."
      June 21, 2020 5:30 PM MDT

Thank you for your answer, but what does toilet paper even have to do with the topic?

:|

June 21, 2020 7:07 PM MDT

I used to buy them for my wife, still do for my daughter and niece. Supermarket items, they're on a par with toilet paper. I did get their brand preference, and carry my mobile so if the store is out I can call and ask for alternative choices.
      June 22, 2020 8:31 PM MDT