Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What patterns have you noted about yourself? Patterns of behaviour, repeat tendencies etc.?

What patterns have you noted about yourself? Patterns of behaviour, repeat tendencies etc.?

It's taken me this long to realise, that I have an irritating habit of wanting to rush through almost everything.. when I think about most areas of my life, I seem to want to rush to get to the end.. Reading books, (which I love) the main aim is to 'finish' it so I can move on to another, I signed up to some online courses, I love them, really fascinating, but as usual I feel a pressure to get to the end.. When I do, I will probably go and start some more courses... and do the same thing... 

Other patterns people might have can be repeating relationships, getting involved with people of similar types. 

Posted - June 7, 2020

Responses

As far as routine, my body has a clock and if I happen to go to bed Before 4:45, I still wake up at 4:45.
    I make and bring Don coffee and a piece of Dove Dark Chocolate in bed every morning, except Sundays.
    You will always find me outside instead of inside, when and if I can be.
    I always sleep with the tv or radio on.
    I brush my teeth every day before I go out in public.
    I call mom and dad every Sunday if I can or we aren't up at their house.
    I always hold the door open for older people.
    I could go on but I won't because it will take too long when I start pulling manners and respect to animals and elders. :)
    I routinely pick up after my dog.
    I will end with... as backwards as it sounds to your question, I am routinely  spontaneous. :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at June 7, 2020 10:57 PM MDT
      June 7, 2020 3:56 PM MDT

A good mix of patterns there! I think that many of us find patterns and routines comforting :)
      June 8, 2020 2:19 PM MDT

So true my dear friend Adaydreambeliever.  I rarely see you these days but am always pleased when I do. :) :)
    People in the armed forces and people who are on a work schedule.  Many women have cycles and men, actually do too. 
    We need to have routines and schedules to keep order.  Clutter and chaos are very distracting.
    I speak from personal experience.  When my house is a mess, my mind is a mess.
    It is very disheartening when I can't find a pair of socks or a matching pair of shoes.
    Sometimes I even leave my toothbrush in the kitchen because I'm in a rush and wonder the house while brushing! 
    It's nuts and I get caught in a downstream undertow!
    You are very correct.  :) :)
    On that note, Please excuse me while I go and pick up the chaos and clutter that has taken up residency in my home!
    It's great to see ya!
    :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at June 10, 2020 2:14 PM MDT
      June 10, 2020 2:12 PM MDT

I just want to wind the clock. Wait, it’s not battery-operated, is it?  (Grrrrrrr.)

~

June 10, 2020 10:48 PM MDT

The clock is ticking...
    ;D! :D!!
      June 13, 2020 8:10 AM MDT

I procrastinate. 

I perfectionalize (yes, know that is not a real or proper word). 

The sandwichizing is an indication that I need mental intervention. Grrrrrr. 

I‘m still as girl-crazy as I was at age 14.

~

June 7, 2020 10:56 PM MDT

Smile, most of that sounds 'so' like I imagine you - this is very comforting :)  I hadn't guessed the procrastination though! 
      June 8, 2020 2:20 PM MDT

The only reason you weren’t aware that I am a chronic procrastinator is that I didn’t inform you long ago. Hey, wait . . . 

~

June 9, 2020 7:02 AM MDT

Q.E.D.
      June 10, 2020 3:07 PM MDT

????????????

June 10, 2020 3:20 PM MDT

quod erat demonstrandum

"Q.E.D." (sometimes written "QED") is an abbreviation for the Latin phrase "quod erat demonstrandum" ("that which was to be demonstrated"), a notation which is often placed at the end of a mathematical proof to indicate its completion.

https://mathworld.wolfram.com/QED.html#:~:text=%22Q.E.D.%22%20(sometimes%20written%20%22,proof%20to%20indicate%20its%20completion.
      June 10, 2020 3:28 PM MDT

How does it figure into this conversation?
    ~
      June 10, 2020 4:10 PM MDT

You posted: The only reason you weren’t aware that I am a chronic procrastinator is that I didn’t inform you long ago.

---An obvious demonstration that you are indeed a procrastinator by not informing her sooner that you were one.

June 19, 2020 4:25 PM MDT

OMG!!!
    I am taken aback!  I never put you in a procrastinator category.
    With your precision in writing and accuracy in speaking, I put you in the OCD category.
    I'm actually relieved to hear, you DO breathe every now again.

For a while I didn't think I could ever live up to your harem and standards!

This news and truth makes me love you all the more!
    ;) :)

This post was edited by Merlin at June 10, 2020 3:13 PM MDT
      June 10, 2020 2:18 PM MDT

This moves you up in the rotation one slot. I’ll have to bump someone, per the rule book. 

Wait, Merlie, don’t swoon, it’s not that big a deal!

~

June 10, 2020 3:13 PM MDT

I was unplugged but while Don is in the shower, I couldn't resist the urge to come one and see my notifications. ...
    Ahhh the shower just shut off so I'm outta here.
    I'm glad to hear I moved up a notch.  I hope I didn't knock someone down that I know.  Maybe we could be side by side on the harem countdown?!
    :) :)
    Gotta go!  Have a good night!
      June 10, 2020 10:36 PM MDT

I procrastinate also---supposedly I do it because I am ADD and do that in order to keep my mental stimulation at the higher level that some ADD people require.

I'm still girl-crazy as well---have you noticed that the younger are able to run faster than I recall when I was 14?
      June 10, 2020 3:12 PM MDT

I doubt I’m ADD, or any other of that alphabet soup stuff. I just take forever getting around to doing some things. 

~

June 10, 2020 3:17 PM MDT

I punincessantly.
      June 7, 2020 11:11 PM MDT

I don't even know what that means! So I have learned a new word today it seems!
      June 8, 2020 2:21 PM MDT

You are so sweet and have such a positive outlook.
    I'm not sure it is a real word.  It might be but I think I know what Slartibarfast is saying.
    They make puns out of every day sentences and situations.  
    They are able to find error or make an error and fun of it so everyone laughs.
    Even though they are smart as whip, they are a joker at heart.
    They are smart and full of fun.
    They take a clean towel with them when they travel and can find a "pun" in everything.
    They makes "puns" constantly.   
    At least, that is how I understand the word.
    Hopefully Slartibarfast will find a pun in this and tell us if I am correct.
    ;) :)
    Anyway you look at it, IT is good!
      June 10, 2020 2:26 PM MDT

(every day everyday)
      (they makes they make)

June 10, 2020 3:19 PM MDT

You are OUTSTANDING in your talent and your habit.
    :) :)!
    I enjoy this routine and habit of yours!
      June 10, 2020 2:21 PM MDT

I make it a point of being the quietest person in the room and life in general.
      June 8, 2020 2:29 PM MDT