Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » Is there a singer whom you think has an incredibly "clear" singing tone?

Is there a singer whom you think has an incredibly "clear" singing tone?

I do -- my man Johnny Nash has, arguably, for me, THE most clear singing tone. 
He comes to my mind anytime I think of a clear singing tone. Such a beautiful, beautiful voice! Great songwriter, too.

He is the first singer who impacted strongly my life. I "discovered" him all by myself, based on my own musical tastes (i.e., not music from my parents' collection or my siblings). 

Ask my family -- I listened to him all the time, ha!! Along with The Pointer Sisters. I first heard him when I was 11 years old. I've been a huge fan ever since.

Posted - June 17, 2020

Responses

Ya Patti Smith. Cheers!
      June 17, 2020 8:01 PM MDT

I love her, too!
    :)
      June 17, 2020 8:02 PM MDT

One of my mom's faves, Anne Murray, comes to mind..
      June 17, 2020 8:55 PM MDT

I like her a lot, too.
    That song is comforting to me, moving, especially sung by her.

She has a great Christmas album, too, that I've always liked.
      June 18, 2020 7:19 AM MDT

Amira Willighagen. First burst onto the stage as a precocious nine-year-old, now she's almost all grown up and has the voice of an angel.

This post was edited by Slartibartfast at June 18, 2020 6:04 PM MDT
      June 17, 2020 9:02 PM MDT

I saw that clip of her singing Nessun Dorma (one of my absolute favorite classical pieces) posted on Facebook and I was blown away.  I couldn't believe that someone so young could sing that beautifully.
      June 18, 2020 6:06 AM MDT

Incredible, every time I hear her. You're right.
    I had not heard of her until your posts about her.
      June 18, 2020 7:18 AM MDT

Opera is a tough gig, I hope she makes it and they don't burn her out. The question remains - can she act? True coloraturas with that kind of purity are rare, but opera is a twofold art - you have to be able to play the roles. That was my own bugbear - I was pitched into the role of Papageno in Die Zauberflöte at the age of nineteen (I was the understudy and the lead baritone came down with lurgy). It's absolutely the best baritone part ever written and I identified with the character. However, I hammed it up badly - he's supposed to be an irreverent smarta$$ who never takes anything seriously - but I was trying too hard to play him rather than be him.
    Amira unquestionably has the voice. Can she be a believable actress as well?
      June 19, 2020 4:16 AM MDT

Papageno, wow!
    I think I remember you may have mentioned your playing him before? But maybe not. Just for the reasons you mentioned, I'd think he'd be a difficult part to portray.
    Die Zauberflote is my favorite opera. And I really like Strauss' "Salome."

I've never been involved in opera but I believe you about how difficult and challenging it would be.

Amira certainly does have the voice, like you said.

Thanks for sharing here!
      June 19, 2020 6:34 PM MDT

Forgot to like your answer after replying to it about a week ago, woops!

I now officially "like" your response, even though I already did. :)
      June 24, 2020 11:50 AM MDT

Sarah Brightman.

June 18, 2020 9:12 AM MDT

Yup, agreed. I've always liked her voice, too. Hadn't heard her version of this song. It's nice! :)

And I've also always liked her in this "Pie Jesus" song with Paul Miles-Kingston from Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Requiem." I like the video, too.

June 18, 2020 11:33 AM MDT

Not crazy about many of her songs but voice being clear I will name Laura Branigan.
      June 18, 2020 7:08 PM MDT

Good choice!

I quite like her "Gloria" song! :)
      June 19, 2020 6:35 PM MDT

cant think of one right now
      June 20, 2020 3:54 PM MDT

Keep thinking.

Look at the other answers and maybe it will help you think of someone. Everyone here is "clear" on that. Ha! :)
      June 24, 2020 11:51 AM MDT