Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Some people disparage the protesters and looters for exposing each other to Covid, some people disparage political rally attendees for the

Some people disparage the protesters and looters for exposing each other to Covid, some people disparage political rally attendees for the

exact same thing. 

Why is it that so few disparage both groups, who in reality are committing similar actions, of equally endangering themselves and others with whom they’ll come into contact?

Oh, wait, it’s merely agenda-based disparagement. Never mind. 

Posted - June 18, 2020

Responses

All large gatherings should be discouraged. I strongly recommend that anybody who's attended a protest, rally, or any large gathering should self isolate for 14 days, or take a COVID-19 antigen test. Anyone who's considering attending a protest, rally, or any large gathering who hasn't done so yet, should take a COVID-19 antibody test, and wait for a positive result for the presence of antibodies before attending that gathering. 
      June 18, 2020 2:55 PM MDT

B...b..bu...but, but then how will the looters get their shopping done that way?

:|

June 18, 2020 3:01 PM MDT

I say do what you think is safe for you based on you local information and your personal health situation. 

Personally I am young and other all healthy.  There are not older/people with health conditions in my household.  I do not wear a mask.  I am not worried about getting sick.  I practice good hygiene etc.    

June 18, 2020 3:05 PM MDT

So if it turns out that your personal health situation is that you are an non-symptomatic and undiagnosed Covid-19 carrier, that would seem to imply that the rest of us will just have to risk ourselves based on your decision about your rights vs our rights.

That is a perfect example of FLUFF---it is an example of how you feel about your fellow at risk human beings during a pandemic, I wonder what actions---besides not wearing a mask---would such a person undertake when making a decision about something else that also involves his / her personal inconvenience vs the rights of others.

June 18, 2020 3:25 PM MDT

That is life. We are all responsible for ourselves.  As I said I practice good hygiene. I social distance as a regular life standard.
    There is always an illness possible.   We cannot stay stuck in our house for ever. 

Again, you seem to misunderstand MY usage of the term FLUFF. It is about what matters more Laws politicans pass/oppose or how they behave in their personal lifes.   I am NOT a politican...I do not pass laws.  So the term does not apply to me.  Just so you understand my usage of the term....as there appears to be confusion on your part.
      June 18, 2020 6:00 PM MDT

Interesting, your personal FLUFF (one's "conscience"---the last judgment of the practical intellect before one acts) allows you to apparently dismiss the thought of possibly having an obligation to your fellow human beings from possible infection if you are either incubating Covid-19 or asymptomatic as a carrier of that disease.

And you have adopted that policy with regard to every other human being with whom you come in contact.

I don't misunderstand how you are trying to use the word FLUFF---but you seem intent to continue to misunderstand that there is a direct link between FLUFF in your personal life and the actions of those politicians.

In metaphysics, a basic principle is that if you want to understand something, observe a person who is doing the action you wish to understand.

Study Trump---Baron has a lot in common with the children of immigrants.
      June 19, 2020 3:10 PM MDT

It is my word....for what I refer to personal life/actions of a politican as opposed to the laws/policies they support or oppose. 

Being as I am not a politican....I have no FLUFF. You do not get to define how I use the word. 
      June 19, 2020 4:46 PM MDT

Going to Tulsa? Masks not required.
      June 18, 2020 7:46 PM MDT

Nope. Too far. And would have to wait in line too long.
      June 18, 2020 8:06 PM MDT

Because there is always an agenda only slightly camouflaged in all that FLUFF that is an excellent predictor of the actions---if you just know how to read the FLUFF.
      June 18, 2020 3:09 PM MDT

Ugh, Randy.  Questions like these are why Professor Livvie had to give you a failing grade in Political  101.

Since you obviously weren't paying attention on Day One, let's review.

Number One:  My side good, other side bad!

Number Two:  Strike the word consistency and any of its synonyms from your vocabulary, please.

Number Three:  Strike the word hypocrisy and any of its synonyms from your vocabulary unless you're talking about the side, please.

Since you ended the question with "Oh, wait, it’s merely agenda-based disparagement. Never mind."  I'm going to have to change your grade to an A+!  Yay!

This post was edited by Livvie at June 19, 2020 7:36 AM MDT
      June 18, 2020 3:19 PM MDT

you tell em, Coach
      June 18, 2020 3:22 PM MDT

I'm with Baba.
    :)

(Six feet away, though)

:)
      June 18, 2020 5:17 PM MDT

Let's simplify this with a short answer. I disparage everyone without a mask who gets within ten feet of me.
      June 18, 2020 7:48 PM MDT

I don't care, actually.  Depopulation is part of the plan anyway.
      June 18, 2020 11:53 PM MDT

The problem is that we don't get to choose who gets depopulated. )
      June 19, 2020 7:37 AM MDT

When I go into a store or the doctor's office, I always wear a mask.  I don't wear one when I'm going from my apartment to my garage and I don't wear one in my car.  If I expect to be any place where social distancing is not possible, I wear a mask.  This is as much for my own health as it is for others.  If you don't want to wear a mask because you don't care if I infect you, I want YOU to wear a mask because I don't want you to infect ME.

June 19, 2020 7:41 AM MDT

not sure why
      June 20, 2020 3:51 PM MDT