Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Do you consider those who refuse to wear masks to be trump lovers?

Do you consider those who refuse to wear masks to be trump lovers?

Posted - June 19, 2020

Responses

It’s a bit silly to lump all people into that narrow category. There are some people in some parts of the world who have never even heard of Trump, and I believe that there are also some people who are anti-Trump and refuse to wear face masks. 
    ~

June 19, 2020 1:14 PM MDT

No, I consider them self-centered, uncaring idiots.
      June 19, 2020 1:59 PM MDT

I consider them to be big Dummies,
    just like Trump. You heard about
    this guy who caught the Virus
    was in the hospital a few weeks, ventilators
    etc, got healed and received a bill for a million dollars?
    Yikes...this Trump Rally is dangerous. He
    just doesn't care about anyone other than himself.
    If he gets the virus maybe his followers will wake up?...haha
    doubtful. Somehow he will blame it on the Dems.
    But that's Our chief Divider.

June 19, 2020 2:10 PM MDT

Not to worry about the rally.  this is what Trump said on June 15th:

"Speaking to employees at an Owens & Minor Inc. OMI, +1.10% medical-supply plant in Allentown, Pa., Trump said testing might be the problem.

“So we have the best testing in the world,” Trump said. “It could be the testing’s, frankly, overrated? Maybe it is overrated.”

The country has more than 1.4 million confirmed cases of COVID-19, but Trump said that’s only because the U.S. has carried out more tests.

“We have more cases than anybody in the world, but why? Because we do more testing,” Trump said. “When you test, you have a case. When you test you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases. They don’t want to write that. It’s common sense. We test much more.”

Many on social media were quick to point out the obvious flaw in the president’s logic."

He also claimed that all that testing made us look bad.  So, no testing, no cases, the U.S. looks great.  And he had the cojones to complain that China was not being transparent in telling us the true number of cases at the outset.

June 19, 2020 6:00 PM MDT

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.
    Even in the States, I think individualism is such that each person will make their choices based on their personal perception of risk.
    In some areas, like New York and other hot spots, I wouldn't dare take any risks; I'd stay in isolation for groceries and food, where a mask and gloves, and put all clothing in the wash the second I arrived home. In such places, there will be 2nd, 3rd and 4th waves, and maybe more until we finally have a vaccine.

The most devout Trumpists, if they choose to go unmasked as a declaration of loyalty, are not just denialists; they are willing to put their lives in the hands of their faith. I have always thought that to be one of the most absurd gambles anyone could make.
    I hope that one day, when the worst has past, some researcher will do a study of those-who-believed-the-media-hype-was-a-conspiracy versus those-who-accepted-the-scientific-advice. 
    I hope they examine how many people in these two groups got sick, how many needed hospitalisation, and how many died.
    They could then create maps of these groups by location and political orientation.
    Thus we could discover whether more Trump supporters died because they did not take precautions, and if so, just how big the difference in numbers might be.

In some areas, like mine, there have been no cases of COVID. Our nearest was 2 cases at a hospital 1 hour's drive away.
    We are maintaining social distancing everywhere in public and when visiting friends.
    And we're washing our hands a lot and taking plenty of extra hygiene precaution, so are the vast majority of others. This post was edited by inky at June 20, 2020 3:54 PM MDT
      June 19, 2020 2:11 PM MDT

trump supporter party.

June 19, 2020 3:38 PM MDT

Well, at least they look like they're having heaps of fun!
    I wonder if they would do wigwam sweats as well; that would be an even better to share the virus around. This post was edited by inky at June 19, 2020 9:17 PM MDT
      June 19, 2020 9:17 PM MDT

Probably the majority of them. 

June 20, 2020 3:30 PM MDT

maybe, i dont wear a mask unless i have to like for a doctors appt
      June 20, 2020 3:44 PM MDT