Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Are people getting stupider? Crowded beaches, close quarters protests and rallies and spikes in covid19 cases.

Are people getting stupider? Crowded beaches, close quarters protests and rallies and spikes in covid19 cases.

I am amazed and confused.

Posted - June 22, 2020

Responses

People have always been stupid.  However, with an idiot in the White House stupidity is now considered ok.

June 22, 2020 9:08 PM MDT

Why?

The vast majority of people don't know anyone who caught the virus. However, most, if not all, have had their job, lifestyle, or finances impacted. Moreover, there is no longterm plan here. It's being handled day by day. People don't deal well with uncertainty and the idea of spending the next two years or more like this, paired with no real solution, is a lot to ask anyone to cope with.

You're retired. Imagine being young and having a family to feed and not having an income to do it with. Imagine being home 24/7 with no adult contact or home 24/7 with kids and no reprieve. You know, when people require permanent familial caregivers, insurance companies usually provide respite care- a stand-in caregiver to give the primary caregiver a break. Why? Because you start to lose your sh*t if you're constantly giving. You stop being able to provide decent care. Average families don't need that because they have breaks from caregiving built in; schools, daycares, going to work, etc. All that is gone now. Even though restrictions on going out have been lifted, a lot of people aren't back at work yet. In fact, I personally don't know anyone who has returned to their office who left due to COVID. 

Mix that in with political issues and social unrest... it's going to explode. At the end of the day, people are people. They're going to snap. 
      June 22, 2020 10:47 PM MDT

I guess being retired and not knowing a lot of people that work, other than my daughter, who will never been laid off, puts me in a box that is insulated from the outside world. I am wary of shopping, but it is necessary, but I would NEVER go to a beach or bar. (Which I don't anyway.) I have no need to socialize. You make good points, though.
      June 23, 2020 9:14 AM MDT

No.  People aren't going to keep obeying dictatorial orders.  Best case is wear a mask if you want to.  Don't be in crowds if you don't want to.  The crowds may actually help get a population with antibodies.  Might as well look for a positive because America cherishes liberty and freedom and will take a  chance on getting sick to live like Americans. 
      June 23, 2020 12:31 AM MDT