Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Did Melania go to tulsa with the trump? I saw him coming down the steps of the plane all alone looking sad and disheveled. Where was she?

Did Melania go to tulsa with the trump? I saw him coming down the steps of the plane all alone looking sad and disheveled. Where was she?

He expected a riotous jampacked celebration ending with a "million person walk". No kidding. He EXPECTED one million peeps to show up.

So why was Melania MIA?

Posted - June 23, 2020

Responses

She does not normally attend rallies. She stays home with Barron.
      June 23, 2020 6:24 AM MDT

She was at home celebrating her re-negotiated pre-nup agreement.
      June 23, 2020 6:28 AM MDT

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! TOUCHE SMARTIE LADY! I did not think of that possibility. I wonder what kind of champagne she drinks? I guess she can afford the most expensive! Thank you for your reply L and Happy Tuesday! My first LAUGHS of the day for which I thank you. You know I have a very suggestible mind I guess because I swear to you as I read your reply I saw in my mind's high Melania toasting herself with a glass of champagne. Does your brain work like that too? ((hugs))
      June 23, 2020 6:34 AM MDT

Happy to have given you a laugh.  :)  I'm sure she drinks whatever is most expensive for no other reason than she can.  To be honest, I rarely think about Melania.   Happy Tuesday. :)
      June 23, 2020 10:47 AM MDT

I think about Barron all the time and feel so very sorry for him. I also think Melania is the only parent who loves him cares about him and nurtures. So indirectly I think about her. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      June 23, 2020 1:30 PM MDT

I give them about as much thought as they give me.  Sorry - I don't feel sorry for her in the least.  She saw $$$$ and a path to American citizenship.  She had to know what he was like with his own kids, but she went and had a child with him anyway.  At least Marla Maples did her best to keep her daughter away from the Trump traveling circus.
      June 24, 2020 6:13 AM MDT

She did not travel with him to tulsa or phoenix. What does she do all day but play? I think being a mom is a hard job for anyone. I think it's much harder for her because so many despise trump and I expect Barron knows that and I wonder how she deals with that? Jim has two sons and I have one. Of course we lost David last year. But I was a single mom raising my son and he was a very easy child never causing me any trouble but I never knew if I was doing right by him. I'll give you an example. When he was in 4th grade (he was an MGM kid..mentally gifted minor) he was offered a six-week class at the Museum of Science and Industry. It was specifically for gifted kids. At one time he said he wanted to be a physicist like Carl Sagan. The catch? I had to take him there and bring him home every day. I couldn't. I had a job and I could not afford to take six weeks off so I had to turn it down. I still feel guilty about that. Maybe he would have become a physicist. Now he is a professor in Honolulu of Information and Computer Sciences and was chair of his department and is tenured and seems very happy doing that. But had he taken that six-week course/class in the 4th grade? Well I will never know. That's how mom's brains work L. Always guilty about doing or not doing something. No matter how old they get the guilt stays. He will be 55.  I'm hopeless. Thank you for your reply. :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 24, 2020 6:23 AM MDT
      June 24, 2020 6:21 AM MDT

Most parents do what they think is best, but they aren't perfect and looking back at things is much easier than looking ahead when raising children.  If you had taken off the six weeks, you  would have lost your job.  How would you have cared for both your boys if that had happened?  You had to think about that.  There is no way to know if he would have become a physicist had he taken that course.  He may have decided that wasn't really for him.  The career he ultimately decided to follow is pretty far from physicist - and science in general, so that just goes to show that what we want in 4th grade isn't necessarily what we wind up doing for the rest of our lives.  In 4th grade, I wanted to be a princess and wound up being a legal secretary and they won't even let me wear my tiara at work!!!
      June 24, 2020 6:33 AM MDT

Funny girl. I read once that all little girls want to be ballerinas. I never did. Did you? I can't remember wanting to be anything specifically. I loved school and I loved to learn about things I didn't know but I didn't yearn to be anything. At least not that I can remember! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      June 24, 2020 6:55 AM MDT

I recall my mom enrolling me in ballet class when I was around 4.  Those days, there was no pre-K.  That lasted about three weeks and I had enough of that. :)
      June 24, 2020 8:44 AM MDT

So as a little girl you WANTED to be a ballerina or your mom decided for you? I read somewhere that ALL LITTLE GIRLS WANT TO BE BALLERINAS. Not me. Never. Not once. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      June 27, 2020 12:38 PM MDT

I actually just wanted to go to school, but I was too young.  My mom thought enrolling me in ballet school would mollify me, but it didn't work.
      June 27, 2020 3:26 PM MDT

Funny you should mention that. My mom played school with me when I was 3. As a result I expected to LEARN something when I went to school. My first day I expected paper and pencil and instruction. I was 3. I guess it must have been Nursery School. We were still living in Highland Park, Michigan then. Anyway they played and ate and took naps. I was irate when mom picked me up. I told her I was not going back because no one was taught anything. They slept they played they ate. I did that at home. I don't know what she said to convince to go back but I remember being VASTLY upset and INCREDIBLY disappointed. But fortunately later on school was what I thought it would be. But early on? I wanted NO PART OF IT! Thank you for your reply L!:)
      June 29, 2020 12:05 PM MDT

I wanted to go to school like the big kids. :)
      June 29, 2020 12:42 PM MDT

I don't remember wanting that at all L. Not at all. I've never been particularly social. Even at the earliest age I can remember. I wanted to learn. I was not interested in anything else but the teacher teaching me something. I thought the other kids were babies. Eat play nap. Seriously? I was a student then and I'm a student now. Nothing has changed. I guess we are born to be whom we are and the core of that never really changes.  I expect you were popular and had a lot of friends. In grammar school and high school to 10th grade I had ONE good friend..Gail In 10th grade she dumped me and started hanging out with "the fast crowd". They smoked behind the boy's gym!I yam what I yam! Still after all these years. I don't know whether to be sad or glad. I'm a loner. Thank you for your reply !:)
      June 30, 2020 4:03 AM MDT

I enjoyed school up until about 6th grade.  Then, I'm not sure why, but I didn't enjoy the environment and couldn't wait to graduate from high school.  Even now, I have no desire to go back to school and I'm not sorry I didn't go to college.  No, I was not part of the "in" crowd, didn't have a lot of friends.  There were three of us that went through middle to high school together and I'm still best friends with one of them to this day.  I hung around mostly with the kids from my block and when I was half way through middle school, and all through high school, I had part-time jobs so my socializing was limited.  I'm pretty much a loner, still.  I'd rather be around a couple of people whose company I enjoy than a crowd.
      June 30, 2020 5:48 AM MDT

I went to Pasadena City College, a junior college and graduated with an AA (associate arts) degree in LIBERAL ARTS! No surprse. I went to night school and took Logic Economic and Accounting. But no degree. My son made up for it but getting a dual Ph.D. So it all worked out! I think had I been wealthy and didn't have to work I'd have been a perennial students. Go to unversities and take classes not for collecting degrees but just the learning. Can you imagine how fun that would be? When my son was a kid we'd meander around whatever college campus we lived near. We'd sneak into empty classrooms and just embrace the environment. I read to him at a very young so when he was 3 he got a library card. No one had to tell me that a love of reading is the most important you can give a child because it insures he/she will get the most out of school and not dread it. I knew that instinctively. Parents are wont to let kids grow like weeds and then expect teachers to perform miracles when they show up at school. A brain is aboug 50% former by age 3 as I read and by age 6 it is there intact intotal so if you are going to capture a child's interest you'd better do it early on. It worked out. Nothing that every parent couldn't do if he/she were interested. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 30, 2020 7:13 AM MDT

I still wouldn't go back to school.  Sorry - I don't have the attention span for that anymore.  I hardly had it back then!  I do agree with you about kids and reading.  All the kids in my family are being raised to love books and are encouraged to read and ask questions.  It doesn't hu that there are four teachers in the family. :)
      June 30, 2020 8:27 AM MDT

I wouldn't at my age either L. But for decades I'd be in some classroom learning something "if I were a rich woman". But I'm good with how things turned out. California cases are soaring again. Everything we've lived through so far was for nothing. We begin again. At this rate Jim and I will get it. Sad. Thank you for your reply! :)_
      June 30, 2020 8:39 AM MDT

I had the money years ago and I never wanted to go back.  It wasn't what it would cost, it was lack of interest in the school environment.  I didn't do so badly just being a high school grad. :)  Well, you and Jim will just have to keep doing what you've been doing and being as careful as possible.  
      June 30, 2020 9:32 AM MDT