Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Well, folks, it appears to be official; I’ve contracted Early Onset Senility.

Well, folks, it appears to be official; I’ve contracted Early Onset Senility.

I just drove all the way to the bank to put something in my safety deposit box, went through their COVID-19 prevention protocols, waited patiently to be screened, met with the Services Officer, who held the bank‘s key. The first thing she asked me, based on what happened the last time I had been there about two years ago, “Sir, you did remember to bring your key this time, right?”  I happily responded that I had, and I proudly brandished it.
  I then saw the Securities Manager, had my two forms of picture ID verified and copied, filled out the access form and went into the vault with the Services Officer. She turned her key, I turned mine, she retrieved my box, placed it in the privacy booth and stepped out of the vault.
  Once alone, I opened my box . . . wait, where are the documents that I meant to place in it, the entire purpose for my trip all the way downtown?  Oh, those?  I left them at home on the coffee table, that’s where!  Grrrrr. 

How about you, folks?  What’s your most recent “senior moment”?

~

Posted - June 24, 2020

Responses

Oh boy. That's like when I go downstairs but forget to bring my water bottle. 

Except about 3000 times that. I do feel for you, Randy-man.
      June 24, 2020 1:44 PM MDT

I know the feeling.  I have a big note on my door that says, "WATER," yet every time I leave the house to drive somewhere, I forget to take a bottle.
      June 25, 2020 9:40 AM MDT

hahaha...sorry, but
    So glad i am not the only one...
      June 24, 2020 3:10 PM MDT

At least you still have your grammar skills.

Two actually. Yesterday I locked my keys in the car at a filling station. That was the first time in 52 years of driving. Today I left my reading glasses in a shopping cart.

June 24, 2020 5:49 PM MDT

I’ve done each of those actions enough to count on both hands.   I no longer wear glasses, but when I did, I was in the Lost-Glasses-of-the-Month Club.

~

~

June 24, 2020 7:38 PM MDT

That's the reason I only buy dollar store readers.
      June 25, 2020 9:45 AM MDT

Those were not ever an option for me. 

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/95298/do-you-wear-glasses-if-so-what-do-you-find-are-the-worst-hassl
    ~

June 25, 2020 10:03 AM MDT

I locked my keys AND my pocketbook in my car at a rest top on the NJ Turnpike.  My extra key fob is in my purse along with my cell phone.  Fortunately, I was at a stop with a mechanic and they let me call GEICO.  They are not allowed to do any road assistance.  Half an hour later, GEICO roadside showed up and it took him at least half an hour to get into my car.  A car thief would have been able to do it in 2 minutes.  
      June 25, 2020 9:43 AM MDT

I have taken my laundry downstairs to the laundry room, loaded my clothes in the washing machines, put in the detergent, bleach and fabric softener and discovered that I left the laundry card upstairs.  On other occasions, I've taken everything down and discovered I left the cleaning products upstairs.  
      June 25, 2020 9:45 AM MDT

Good exercise.
      June 25, 2020 9:46 AM MDT

No, the laundry room is accessed via elevator.
      June 25, 2020 9:47 AM MDT