Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It took thinking to create language. But how do you think without words? How is that possible?

It took thinking to create language. But how do you think without words? How is that possible?

Posted - June 24, 2020

Responses

You create idea/images in your.mind and follow through. 
      June 24, 2020 10:35 PM MDT

My thinking begins and ends with words Kg. They flood my brain 24/7 and I can only get rid of a few at a time by asking questions. I don't "see" anything alone on its own that is not generated and accompanied by words. I am not an artist so perhaps that is why. I think "colors" or "breathtaking" and I see the aurora borealis or rainbows or the sun sparkling like diamonds on the ocean on a very sunny day. Do you see images that are wordless? Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 25, 2020 7:09 AM MDT
      June 25, 2020 4:03 AM MDT

Images tend to flow through my mind then I might 'hook onto'  something that seems interesting then I begin to think about it in words. Words are harder work for my brain than images.

If words/language had not been invented yet I guess I would just go and work on the image idea in a physical way. This post was edited by Kittigate at June 25, 2020 8:02 AM MDT
      June 25, 2020 7:54 AM MDT

As you know by now Kg I am a word person. I'm not remotely artistic other than that I really appreciate artists. My mom and my younger sister are both (mom was when she was alive) extremely artistic in a variety of mediums and I am very proud of them. I'm more grounded in words. I love dictionaries. I have one open all the time so I can check spelling or definitions. I guess a dictionary is my favorite book! I have always been an avid reader and I love shopping for food, cookware and BOOKS. That's it. Period. I used to haunt libraries and bookstores and spend hours enjoying opening books to see what treasures awaited me. But then I had eye surgery so reading is more laborious for me. I don't do too much of it..not nearly as much as I did before! I think peeking inside your mind would be wondrous fun for me. i could see the images you were creating. Hope that doesn't creep you out! I once told the smartest boss I ever had that I wanted to meander inside his brain to watch it work. He laughed and said he knew that! I think it tickled him! Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 25, 2020 8:07 AM MDT

Pictures. 
      June 25, 2020 5:21 AM MDT

Music. Had Bach and Beethoven written their stuff in words, it wouldn't have been as interesting.
      June 25, 2020 7:57 AM MDT