Active Now

Spunky
Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Racial products?????

Racial products?????

I can understand the fuss over Aunt Jemima as it is rather racist. But the same company wants to do a way with a black chef on the cream of wheat box. I wrote to them saying I was strongly opposed to that as the man was it professional not a Slave and I didn't see how a black chef can be considered racist. So what do you all think? Shouldn't they make an exception foreign Cream of Wheat chef?

Posted - July 3, 2020

Responses

I agree with you.  The guy makes a good bowl of hot food. I have been eating that stuff since I was a child. 60 + years.
      July 3, 2020 7:56 PM MDT

Same snowflakes who object to Gollywog dolls. One of my kid brothers had one of those and "Oggy" went absolutely everywhere with him.
      July 4, 2020 3:17 AM MDT

They want to change the picture on the Uncle Ben's rice boxes, too.  By the time they get finished with removing everything that's offensive to everyone, all packaging will be gray with purple lettering and no pictures.  None of this is going to change what's in people's minds or hearts.  
      July 4, 2020 6:12 AM MDT

They better not. Purple offends me. 

July 4, 2020 7:36 AM MDT

LOL ...  How about orange?
      July 4, 2020 7:40 AM MDT

Only slightly better. 

I agree with your assessment here. I think all the changing of sports team names and imagery on pancake boxes in the world is meaningless as long as racism and the mistreatment of people of color exists. 
      July 4, 2020 7:55 AM MDT