Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » what do i do about neighbors that are hard to live with?

what do i do about neighbors that are hard to live with?

I have two neighbors like this, my one neighbor right under me always brings her grandkids over every wknd and my whole floor shakes all wknd and i hear a lot of stomping around, i got lucky this wknd cause theyre not here, then shes up at 4 or 5 am which is her business but she'll crank up her music and stomp around herself and it shakes my bed and she makes a lot of noise, i heard this tuesday shes going to stay with her grandkids for 3 months, have thought of calling the police on her but im afraid she'll figure out its me so im waiting to see if she'll leave.

another one goes dumpster diving, he does this everyday, hes about 90, ive heard hes got dementia , his girlfriend who lives with him makes him throw it back in there, with covid going on the last thing we need is garbage, it brings bugs to the building too, ive found some in my apt, his daughter wont put him in assisted living, im wondering why they let him run around like that by himself with dementia going on too, ive  heard hes gotten lost before, wondered if i should report that and to whom?

Posted - July 5, 2020

Responses

With All of your complaints about your neighbors,
    Why don't you just move? Why do you
    suffer yourself? It's like you are holding onto
    your heart ache.
    ( As asked by many people on here)
      July 5, 2020 2:09 PM MDT

its a lot of work to move, i think she should move
      July 5, 2020 2:44 PM MDT

Just buy some earplugs or turn your television volume to 40. 
      July 5, 2020 6:43 PM MDT

i already have earplugs and i turn my fan on high
      July 5, 2020 7:08 PM MDT

Oh, maybe get some Beats. When I wear mine, I can’t hear a thing outside of them. 
      July 5, 2020 7:12 PM MDT

what are beats?
      July 5, 2020 8:09 PM MDT

They’re headphones, they have some that are noise cancelling. Beats by Dre. 
      July 5, 2020 8:11 PM MDT

But they cost 3 zillion dollars a pair. 

July 5, 2020 10:29 PM MDT

Is that all? :)
      July 6, 2020 10:12 AM MDT

Pearl, you really need to meet Disaster Girl!  She's amazing!  

July 5, 2020 7:40 PM MDT

Lol :) 
      July 5, 2020 7:59 PM MDT

thats funny
      July 5, 2020 8:10 PM MDT

1) Yay!! Three months of no noise.

2) As with the dementia, it may be a situation like my neighbour, where despite the neglect and welfare concern, their are financial rewards for the girlfriend which would go to assisted living if they were involved, as horrendous as that is, it does happen.  You could try ringing the police when he is engaging in this behaviour, and say you are concerned for his safety, or telephone your Landlord regarding his behaviour and consequences on you. Truth is Pearl, unless you live in a detached house with land surrounding it, you can always get problems with neighbour noise and other issues, however some are lucky enough to have some decent neighbours at some point in their lives. This post was edited by kjames at July 6, 2020 6:46 PM MDT
      July 6, 2020 12:40 PM MDT