Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What HISTORY/HERITAGE is most revered and precious to you? Confederate? Union? Elsewise otherwise? WHY?

What HISTORY/HERITAGE is most revered and precious to you? Confederate? Union? Elsewise otherwise? WHY?

Posted - July 10, 2020

Responses

• I have both Confederate and American history and heritage in the family tree. I'm proud of both. I served the American flag as my father before me. Many others in the family are also veterans. My great, great grandfather died in action in the 1862 Perryville, Ky. campaign. His allegiance was with the 10th South Carolina Inf Rgmt, CSA. With recent events unfolding in the current culture war, my fear is that this nation's rush to erase its history is a symptom a terminal illness consuming us from within. All efforts to placate radical elements of the society will not usher in an era free of injustice or inequality, racial or otherwise, as these are part of the human condition. Just as inflamed passions, resentments and rebellion led to war 150 years ago, the same fervor will be revisited in our day with this insane notion that humanity can be reinvented. Thousands of years of human history says otherwise, pretensions aside. Cultural revolutions have taken place in nations around the globe for hundreds of years with no appreciable improvement in the heart, mind and motivation of man.
      July 10, 2020 10:50 AM MDT