Active Now

Randy D
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Well, we now must wear masks in public places in this city. How about your town/city?

Well, we now must wear masks in public places in this city. How about your town/city?

Posted - July 13, 2020

Responses

Recommended but not required. 
      July 13, 2020 9:02 PM MDT

We're not required to, except in the hotspots where there have been second-wave outbreaks.

Even so, I am wearing a mask when shopping.

Here in Australia, w hat I've noticed about this second wave is that younger people are getting it, it seems more virulent, and there's a lot more asymptomatic community transmission. A higher percentage of cases are showing up with damage to organs, and some are causing neurological problems.
    We were down to zero cases nation-wide except for people returning home from overseas and required to stay in quarantine in hotel rooms.
    It's astonishing the speed of spread - from one security guard who broke the rules to sleep with an Aussie in quarantine. She was asymptomatic at the time, but developed the disease the next day.
    He went off all over the place, drinking with mates in pubs etc.
    Within the last week 699 new cases, 192 in the last 24 hours, and spread from Victoria to NSW by asymptomatic carriers who slipped across the borders before they could close.
    To my mind, that means great caution required in public places.
      July 13, 2020 11:39 PM MDT

Wait, you know that the only thing I got out of all of what you wrote is that there’s an Australian woman who slept around. I’ll need her contact information, please. Oh, no, it’s not what you think!  This is purely for research purposes, that’s all. (Cough, cough.)

~

July 14, 2020 1:02 AM MDT

Yes, but everyone was pretty much doing it anyway.
      July 14, 2020 3:34 AM MDT

I know in NYC they're highly recommended and most people are wearing them, but I don't think it's been mandated.  You definitely have to wear one if you go into a store and I do wear it then, but not if i'm just going from my apartment to my car.  It's not a long distance and I pass very few people on the way.  I see almost everyone wearing a mask when they're walking around the neighborhood.
      July 14, 2020 5:27 AM MDT

I have no idea if it's mandatory.  I put a mask on before I go into a store. 
      July 14, 2020 4:17 PM MDT

We have to wear them on the bike/walking trail that runs near our home. Old railroad site.  And inside public buildings.  
      July 25, 2020 8:44 PM MDT

Not in Adelaide, though it's recommended on public transport. That restriction is in force in Melbourne and it's rumoured that Sydney may follow. Meanwhile, the eastern border of South Australia remains closed.
      July 25, 2020 10:40 PM MDT