Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » If you’ve ever lost consciousness, what caused it? ~

If you’ve ever lost consciousness, what caused it? ~

Posted - July 14, 2020

Responses

Every night. It is called sleep.  

Aside from that, I have fainted. When my son had a large heavy item fall on him.  I looked at him and thought about the wieght of the item (300+ lbs) and the angle I was looking at it appeared as though his elbow was at middle of his upper arm.  I thought what if that would have landed on his chest....I started to go down. I tried to get blood to my head and started to go sit on the stairs and hang my head down (concrete ones) then thought no that is a bad idea. Next thing I knew, I was waking back up on the concrete parking lot.  We got to the car and off to the hospital.  This maybe the space of a minute.  I had a knot on my head where they said I kept hitting it in between trying to get up.  My kids said my eyes (dark hazel) went to sky blue....(lack of blood I geuss).   

My son ended up with a broken arm, a broken wrist and several broken fingers.  He is fine now. 
      July 14, 2020 10:10 AM MDT

• 1970 I attended a training session for the testing and certification of wastewater operators at a nearby college. Passed out in class from a fever that turned out to be mono.I came to in a hospital ER. and spent weeks recovering at home.
      July 14, 2020 10:59 AM MDT

You better not try it, I'm writing a letter and will put it in a safe place, just in case.  This post was edited by . at July 14, 2020 2:45 PM MDT
      July 14, 2020 11:28 AM MDT

Huh?
      July 14, 2020 1:15 PM MDT

Hey, wait!  You don’t even know whether or not you’ll like it!  Now just lie back and tell me if this rag smells like chloroform . . . 

~

July 14, 2020 2:45 PM MDT

what?
      July 15, 2020 3:58 AM MDT

A hole in my head.  However, after a long and thorough search I finally regained consciousness. 

Most of my unconscious episodes are caused from epileptic seizures.  It’s quite unsettling to be standing somewhere one moment, then the next thing you know you’re somewhere else… and several hours have passed (how did I get here?).  It’s even scarier when that somewhere else turns out to be a gurney in a hospital.

July 14, 2020 12:40 PM MDT

One time a buddy and I were playing around and he put me in a sleeper hold. When came to, I could see he was scared s**t-less.
    If surgeries count, I have had about ten in the past twenty years.
      July 14, 2020 1:19 PM MDT

Drinking alcohol. Banging my head on a radiator from jumping on a bed when little and I turn purple. This is what upset me for life I read. Getting my stomach after deep breaths  squeeze and passing out from big macho guy. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at July 14, 2020 2:04 PM MDT
      July 14, 2020 1:32 PM MDT

Passing a Kidney Stone.
    Pain was excruciating
    Passed out and collapsed onto the floor.
    Woke up some time later
    feeling amazed that I was still alive.
      July 14, 2020 2:04 PM MDT

I'm a frequent fainter.  There is a failure of brain and heart to communicate efficiently.  In other words, it an electric problem.
      July 14, 2020 4:05 PM MDT