Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Family » When you were a young child, did you ever innocently repeat something publicly that you heard adults saying?

When you were a young child, did you ever innocently repeat something publicly that you heard adults saying?

There are times when adults say things within earshot of young children without realizing that they’re being heard, and times when young children pick up things from adults’ conversations, and then the children repeat the words in public without realizing that there might be negative consequences. Of course, it’s not the child’s fault at all.
~

Posted - July 17, 2020

Responses

Yes.
      July 17, 2020 8:41 PM MDT

I don't remember what i said
    but...did you ever have your mouth 
    washed out with soap??...YUCK.
      July 17, 2020 9:48 PM MDT

Christmas Story GIFs | Tenor
      July 18, 2020 6:45 PM MDT

Even worse -- I didn't have the excuse of being a young child, I was a teen and old enough to know - - but I was at school walking down the crowded school hallway, along with some friends, and I started innocently and very loudly singing a song I had heard and really liked :

"Push, push, in the bush . . . push, push, in the bush . . . "

Along with other school mates in the hallway, my friends looked at me, literally wide-mouthed in horror and amusement --  I had no idea what the song was about.

But the song still remains great to my ears, ha!
    :)

Musique -- "In the Bush"

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 18, 2020 6:50 PM MDT
      July 18, 2020 6:43 PM MDT

one time I heard my mom call my father numb nuts so I called him numb nuts too 

she told me not to say that but to this day I still don’t even know what a numb nut is? Is it like... testicles? 
      February 24, 2021 9:58 PM MST

KNow I did it, cannot for the life of me remember what was said.

The funniest is a friend too his young son shopping to give his wife abreak  On their excursion he learned a few "Phrases" from dad. They were waiting in a Buffet line that evening and the sone was getting impatient.  The son blurted out to the women holding up the line "Lady would you move your Fat A_S"

Gradparents and mom were not impressed
      February 26, 2021 2:46 PM MST

Schumbacks live forever! I was walking near the subway and yelled out of some lame perversity and paid a price because when I walked up the stairs, the dude was standing there in wide eyed non conclusion. I'm done! I grew up crazy. Oh yes I did. I grew up insane with a snarky narcy with charismatic tenacity. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at February 26, 2021 5:00 PM MST
      February 26, 2021 4:54 PM MST

One does not go to an Ass Whoopin and provide all the Ass.  Do hope you learned your lesson
      February 26, 2021 6:42 PM MST

Not adults but older kids at school who didn't want me around so one of the guys told me ' get out of here or we'll castrate you!'  So i ran to the teacher and said 'they're going to castrate me!'
    I had no idea what that meant.
      February 26, 2021 7:01 PM MST