Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Did you go anywhere this weekend? What (if anything) was different because of the virus from normal?

Did you go anywhere this weekend? What (if anything) was different because of the virus from normal?

We took grandkids to the zoo. 
Masks required for over 9. 
Plexiglass between seats on the train. 
Not near as many people. (No wait for the rides or feed the stingray) 
No cash transactions allowed.

Posted - July 20, 2020

Responses

Pretty much all entertainment venues and bars are closed here. However, I went to a buffet last weekend. They had all the standard restaurant precautions in place- masks required while not at your table, only every-other table was available, etc. As far as the buffet goes, that was the same except they had disposable gloves to use. Neato. 
      July 20, 2020 4:25 PM MDT

(every-other every other)

July 20, 2020 4:32 PM MDT

I think both are correct. It looks like Chicago-style uses the hyphen and others don't. 
      July 20, 2020 4:38 PM MDT

Wait...you corrected JA? Blasphemy.
      July 20, 2020 5:06 PM MDT

We have not went to a buffet yet. Our fave is only open cafeteria style so we have not went. We have ate in serveral restaurants but not a buffet. 
    Hope your dinner was good. 
      July 20, 2020 4:42 PM MDT

(have not went gone)
      (We have ate eaten)

July 20, 2020 6:07 PM MDT

We worked a Sunday evening job. I made a very short grocery run. We rarely go anywhere...even before the virus.
      July 20, 2020 5:08 PM MDT

Most of the restrictions have been lifted in South Australia, except the State borders to Victoria and New South Wales remain closed. We locked down early and thoroughly, and it worked.
      July 20, 2020 5:17 PM MDT

Pretty everything is open here with Mask requirements.  We did our normal long bike ride and then home.  Cooked, drank some wine and dealt with the kids
      July 21, 2020 12:45 PM MDT

Not sure what is the new "normal" but I have seen people wearing masks in the middle of the forest. OK I guess if that is what they are in to. Guess I've lived long enough and received and passed along enough viruses that it all seems incredibly silly to me. If you are a guest in someone's home or someone's place of business you respect their wishes. Otherwise I consider myself free to make my own choices. As we all are.  We can choose to enslave ourselves if we so choose - but then we no long have the choice. Which seems so obvious to me, don't know why not to other people. Mostly the plot of liberal politicians to undermine people's freedoms by preventing honest people from earning an honest living and standing on their own two feet so I won't buy into it. 
      July 25, 2020 8:10 PM MDT

So you're prepared to risk infection on principle? And, given that many carriers are asymptomatic, potentially KILL people?
      July 25, 2020 10:06 PM MDT