Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Another BABY shot in Chicago. When will the leadership get control of the violence? How many have to die?

Another BABY shot in Chicago. When will the leadership get control of the violence? How many have to die?

Posted - July 27, 2020

Responses

Ask Obama.  He's running that show.
      July 27, 2020 7:44 PM MDT

Someone needs to do something.  It was Obama's home town you would think he cared. 
      July 28, 2020 7:59 AM MDT

Everything is Obama's fault, isn't it?
      July 28, 2020 11:51 AM MDT

If he is in charge there, then yes it is his fault.  (I do not know that he is in charge.  But I do know he would have influence if he chose to)
      July 28, 2020 12:17 PM MDT

Why would you even think that Obama is in control in Chicago?  Is he the mayor?  Is he the governor?  Is he in the House of Representatives?  Is he a congressman?  I'm going to end this discussion now because all you can do is further embarrass yourself with this line of thought.
      July 28, 2020 1:27 PM MDT

Not everything is Obama's fault but much of what you see happening today is. Much to the dismay of the Democrats. But they compensate for that by blaming Trump for their own mistakes.
      July 28, 2020 7:48 PM MDT

Chicago has been a violent city long before Obama came into office.  It didn't get any better when either of the Bushes were president, so to claim that Obama had much to do with it is not a fact.  
      July 29, 2020 8:49 AM MDT

Long line of cowards not willing to stand up and do anything about the violence those people are trapped in.

Now let's get back to the question...when will leadership in Chicago do what is needed to stop the violence in their city?  How many more babies have to die?  This post was edited by my2cents at July 29, 2020 9:11 AM MDT
      July 29, 2020 9:07 AM MDT

I can't answer your question because I don't live in Chicago, but these things happen everywhere just more often in some places than others.
      July 29, 2020 1:39 PM MDT

Perhaps instead of defunding police they should look at expanding their police department. (Yes also invest in prevention but not by defunding the police)  Chicago has 10x the number of known gang members as they do police officers.  They cannot control anything when they are outnumbered and out gunned. 
      July 29, 2020 1:59 PM MDT

I fear that when the Donald refuses 
    to leave office after he is voted out,
    He will cause a civil war
    and many, many will die.
    He is already establishing
    his dictatorship. God help us all.
      July 28, 2020 6:56 AM MDT

The violence in Chicago has nothing to do with President Trump.  It has been going on for decades.  
    There are over 130,000 known gang members in Chicago and only 12,000 police officers.   

Nothing to do with Trump. Nothing. 
      July 28, 2020 7:58 AM MDT

And it has nothing to do with Obama either.
      July 28, 2020 11:51 AM MDT

I agree it has everything to do with weak Democrat leadership that has been in control there for decades.  
      July 28, 2020 12:18 PM MDT

Contrary to what you may believe, Obama has no control over what happens in Chicago, even if that's his home town.  But it's good to keep throwing out Obama's name as the cause of everything that's wrong with this country because we all know that everything was just hunky dory before he came into the presidency and he ruined everything.  Keep thinking that way if that's what allows you to fall asleep at night.
      July 28, 2020 1:25 PM MDT

Obama is not in control.  But he does have influence in the Dem party.   You cannot believe that is not the case.  If he decided to go and discuss it with Mayor Lightfoot, I do believe she would side with whatever he said even if she did not agree with the position in the past. 

Obama does not affect my sleeping habits at all. But thank you for you concern. 

But as I said it is the Democrats who are in power there and have been for decades upon decades.   They are a joke and their crime rate proves it. 
      July 28, 2020 2:34 PM MDT

Decades of Democratic rule ruined several of our finest cities. Chicago is one of them.  Chicago’s last GOP mayor was elected in 1927. Chicago is home to some of the worst inner-city violence imaginable as your question pointed out.

Seeing that the former Democrat leadership did little to nothing to get the violence under control, don't hold your breath waiting for the current Democrat leadership to get the violence under control. They either don't know how to do it, don't want to do it, don't care if they do it, or all of the above.
      July 28, 2020 7:38 PM MDT

Sadly I think you are right. 
      July 28, 2020 8:22 PM MDT