Active Now

Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "WE HAVE TO MAKE A PROFIT". Said by the CEO of MODERNA, the virus vaccine attempter. HOW MUCH PROFIT?

"WE HAVE TO MAKE A PROFIT". Said by the CEO of MODERNA, the virus vaccine attempter. HOW MUCH PROFIT?

Will vaccinations be so expensive regular folks won't be able to afford them?

Posted - July 28, 2020

Responses

US gov will be the one paying. And insurance companies.  It has already been passed that Covid treatments are required to be paid. So private insurance or gov insurance cannot refuse to pay for the vaccine.
      July 28, 2020 6:33 AM MDT

I'm not sure which company ... but I heard on NPR the other day that the US government has already paid them "up front" for something like 100 million vaccines.  Once the vaccine is produced, the government will get it first - and distribute it to military, first responders, healthcare workers, etc.
      July 28, 2020 10:37 AM MDT

Really? Huh! Well time will tell if it is effective or not. Worst case it will have devastating side effects. Best case it will be THE vaccine to nip he virus in the bud. With the way our luck is going I expect worst case not best. But don't pay any attention to me. What do I know? Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      July 28, 2020 12:29 PM MDT