Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Do you have your AnswerMug account set to send you email messages when there’s new activity concerning you? ~

Do you have your AnswerMug account set to send you email messages when there’s new activity concerning you? ~

I do not. 

Recently, I have taken to sending a Private Message (PM) on the accounts of some members who haven’t been around for a while in the hopes that if they aren’t logging on here, perhaps they will receive an email alert. We’ll see if it’s effective.

~

Posted - July 30, 2020

Responses

Heavens, no
      July 30, 2020 8:36 PM MDT

• No I turned off the notifications. I imagine it would swamp an inbox if they were left on for any activity. 
      July 31, 2020 5:52 AM MDT

No. Too much junk email as it is. Not that AM is junk but they likely would be old by the time I seen them. I only check my email about once a week. 
      July 31, 2020 6:20 AM MDT

(((Don’t tell the ‘llenials or Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg or the late Steve Jobs, but there are times I go more than a month without opening my email. Shhhhhhhh!)))

~

July 31, 2020 9:32 AM MDT

I have been known to go that long as well.  But for business reasons I do have to try to check at least once a week for customers emails.  
      July 31, 2020 9:39 AM MDT

No, I remember I used to get emails if it was someone in my friends list birthday,  but I don’t even get those anymore. 
      July 31, 2020 6:47 AM MDT

No.
      July 31, 2020 7:21 AM MDT

I don't check the email account associated with my Mug account, so I keep notifications shut off. 

For what it's worth, when someone is MIA for an extended period of time and I see people inquiring about them on the site, I often send them an email- direct from my off-site inbox to theirs. Ergo, chances are I've already written to the people you're referencing if they're allowed back on the site. Feel free to PM me with names if you want me to try anyone that way. (Suffice it to say, there's an energetic lass who had something like three questions asked about her a month ago... she received a letter from me encouraging her to return. I did not get a response.) 
      July 31, 2020 3:38 PM MDT

“Energetic”?  Lol, that can mean a variety of different things!

July 31, 2020 3:56 PM MDT

• I get emails for friend requests, messages, gifts, upcoming friends’ birthdays, and when someone pokes me.  I turned them off for everything else.
      July 31, 2020 10:00 PM MDT