KvotheSavien
Livvie
elizabeth
Adaydreambeliever
Baba
Element 99
delle belphine
SpunkySenior
 Honeydew
Discussion » Questions » Environment » how can I get rid of heartburn? I’m suffering

how can I get rid of heartburn? I’m suffering

Posted - July 31

• 5901
    Sometimes I find it helpfull to stick my head in the freezer and deeply breath in the cold air (not joking). Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at August 1, 2020 5:20 AM MDT
      July 31, 2020 10:50 PM MDT
    1

• 13220
    Tagamet is the best.  OTC Cimetidine. 
      July 31, 2020 11:23 PM MDT
    0

• 4642
    Drink 1/4 cup of Aloe juice.  You can buy it at the drug store by the gallon or at the market in smaller sizes.  It really works, I keep a gallon in my refrigerator. 
      August 1, 2020 2:49 AM MDT
    1

• 13611
    Tums, Pepto Bismol, Rolaids, a glass of milk.
      August 1, 2020 7:02 AM MDT
    1

• 2312
    NB: None of us are doctors. We cannot diagnose others' complaints! Only offer our own experiences.

In my case, I had a catarrhal cough; but like heart-burn, it was one of the possible symptoms or effects of "acid reflux", in which some of the stomach contents come part-way back up, irritating the plumbing. 

As others suggest there are patent remedies that ease it, but it can be triggered (I learnt) by certain foods including coffee, curry and chocolate. I forget what else was on the list of foods - typically all ones I like! 

So it's worth seeing what those foods are, think what of them you eat / drink perhaps a little too often, and cutting back on them. It seemed to work for me, anyway.
      August 9, 2020 3:04 PM MDT
    0

• 108
    I don't think it's been said, but I use Alka-Seltzer and ginger tea. It helps me, when I get it. Helps to keep away from those certain foods that do not agree with you too.
      August 9, 2020 7:15 PM MDT
    0