Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » how can I get rid of heartburn? I’m suffering

how can I get rid of heartburn? I’m suffering

Posted - July 31, 2020

Responses

Sometimes I find it helpfull to stick my head in the freezer and deeply breath in the cold air (not joking). Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at August 1, 2020 5:20 AM MDT
      July 31, 2020 10:50 PM MDT

Tagamet is the best.  OTC Cimetidine. 
      July 31, 2020 11:23 PM MDT

Drink 1/4 cup of Aloe juice.  You can buy it at the drug store by the gallon or at the market in smaller sizes.  It really works, I keep a gallon in my refrigerator. 
      August 1, 2020 2:49 AM MDT

Tums, Pepto Bismol, Rolaids, a glass of milk.
      August 1, 2020 7:02 AM MDT

NB: None of us are doctors. We cannot diagnose others' complaints! Only offer our own experiences.

In my case, I had a catarrhal cough; but like heart-burn, it was one of the possible symptoms or effects of "acid reflux", in which some of the stomach contents come part-way back up, irritating the plumbing. 

As others suggest there are patent remedies that ease it, but it can be triggered (I learnt) by certain foods including coffee, curry and chocolate. I forget what else was on the list of foods - typically all ones I like! 

So it's worth seeing what those foods are, think what of them you eat / drink perhaps a little too often, and cutting back on them. It seemed to work for me, anyway.
      August 9, 2020 3:04 PM MDT

I don't think it's been said, but I use Alka-Seltzer and ginger tea. It helps me, when I get it. Helps to keep away from those certain foods that do not agree with you too.
      August 9, 2020 7:15 PM MDT

I'll bear those in mind!

Alka-Seltzer is an antacid (an alkali, presumably); I understand ginger can be an effective relief for a lot of mild digestive problems.
      August 24, 2020 4:54 PM MDT

If the condition persists, see a doctor - in case it's not what you assume it is, and has a more serious underlying cause.
    Note: It is a bad plan to continue to treat chronic (long-term) hearburn simply with antacids.
      September 4, 2020 6:39 AM MDT