Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Pandemic pumpkin ORDERS all schools to OPEN. Teachers are telling us they CAN'T GUARANTEE THE SAFETY OF THE CHILDREN. You OK with THAT?

Pandemic pumpkin ORDERS all schools to OPEN. Teachers are telling us they CAN'T GUARANTEE THE SAFETY OF THE CHILDREN. You OK with THAT?

Posted - August 3, 2020

Responses

I have a gripe about why WASHINGTON schools can't.
    Because all the money is going to the teachers.
    There was no money for routine maintenance, even before the pandemic.
    Forget about hiring additional staff for the additional cleaning, or purchasing masks and sanitizer.

I do have a suggestion that would actually save money in the long term.
    Instead of buying cleaning supplies and hiring more staff - install UV lights throughout the building.
    Then set the lights to turn on when nobody is in the building.
    Similar to how Shanghai sanitizes their buses.
    An hour of such lights would be more than enough to kill the vast majority of any virus/bacteria on exposed surfaces.

Or even better - just permanently shut down all schools.
    Use the money to give all students access to the internet and computers - and do online classes.
    Parents who want could organize neighborhood "classrooms", at their own expense.  As the old 1-room schoolhouses used to be.
    Reduce property taxes by the savings of not paying for traditional schools, and parents could even hire a tutor for those "classrooms".

August 3, 2020 2:39 PM MDT

SAY WHAT Walt? UV lights can actually KILL/DESTROY/ELIMINATE the virus? Whoa momma. So we have a "vaccine" already available to us in a manner of speaking.

Now is it that UV lights are not good for homo saps to be exposed to? Would it cause cancer or something? If not why not BATHE all schools in UV light 24/7? See I don't know know what UV light does to homo saps. I wonder why pandemic pumpkina** didn't suggest that instead of injecting ourselves with bleach to clean out our lungs?

I very much like the idea of the at home learning. All students would have to have computers though and also a place to live and also food to eat and who would pay for that? Some families don't have enough money to pay the rent or buy food. What would it cost? Also until "the bugment gubment" gets off its a** and passes another RELIEF BILL it is all hypothetical isn't it? I don't know if you know but when you evict someone how much time does he/she/they have to get out? It's a huge problemo and I don't know if there are any palatable solutions short-term or otherwise. Meanwhile we are in limbo..a vacuum...stasis. How long can we exist in that state d'ya think? Thank you for your reply. Wonder what pandemic pumpkina** has up his sleeve today? This post was edited by RosieG at August 4, 2020 4:58 AM MDT
      August 4, 2020 4:56 AM MDT

UV light is being used for buses, airplanes, department stores etc to kill the virus while empty of people.  There are UV lamps with a weaker light being developed that cannot penetrate human dead skin layer but still kills virus/bacteria. 
      August 4, 2020 6:19 AM MDT

Yes ... the UV light being used to sanitize basically kills cell structures - and would do the same to human skin, which is why they don't use it around people/pets.
      August 4, 2020 6:47 AM MDT

Yes. The current lamps are dangerous to organic tissue. 

The is one they are working on that uses Far-UVC light that does not harm mammels. 
    https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/are-ultraviolet-sanitizing-lights-safe-for-humans
      August 4, 2020 7:54 AM MDT

I'm OK  with the teachers saying they can't guarantee  the children's safty because it is true but I am not OK with Trump pushing for schools to open during an already out of controll pamdemic. Cheers!
      August 3, 2020 2:56 PM MDT

I should have been more precise in the way I phrased the question Nanoose. The teachers are telling us it isn't safe to send their kids to school. The pandemic pumpkina** doesn't care. He insists all schools open. Of course Barron can't go back to his. It will not have in-person classes until OCTOBER. Hypocrital of the the a**? When isn't he? Thank you for your reply m'dear. Now you have children going to school right? What is going on in Canada with regard to that? Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! STAY SAFE!
      August 4, 2020 4:49 AM MDT

Trump is not in charge of Barron's school. The school board decided how the would proceed. 
      August 4, 2020 6:21 AM MDT

Teachers have never been able to guarentee the safety of students. 

Get the UV lights. Get the hand sanitizer. Teachers wear your mask/goggles etc IF they want.  Give students the option to go to schoool or do online learning. Teachers who are older or have health issues can be assigned to the online classes. 
      August 4, 2020 6:27 AM MDT