Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Were you or a close friend adopted?

Were you or a close friend adopted?

At what age, if you were. 

Posted - August 3, 2020

Responses

I have never been adopted, but available if you’re looking into possibilities. 

~

August 3, 2020 2:14 PM MDT

Oh gosh, I can't refuse that great smile.  You are now adopted, the D in your name now refers to "Dew." 
      August 3, 2020 6:32 PM MDT

Randy Dew. Hmmmm, sounds like I can work for a new industry . . . 

~

August 3, 2020 6:54 PM MDT

No, I wasn’t and I don’t know anyone personally that was. 
      August 3, 2020 2:21 PM MDT

• No one that I'm all that close with.  There's a cousin on my wife's side of the family that was adopted when she was 4 or 5 years old. 
      August 3, 2020 2:23 PM MDT

My nephew was adopted by his Stepfather when was 4 yrs old. But they were together since he was like 2 yrs old. So he did not know until he was older that the stepdad was not his biological Dad. His biological Dad had died. 
      August 3, 2020 2:37 PM MDT

My baby sister was. We didn't know of her until 4 years ago when she found us.
      August 3, 2020 3:32 PM MDT

I misread that at first. I thought you meant babysitter. Imagine how confusing that was until I went back and read it correctly.
    ~

June 1, 2022 6:45 AM MDT

LOL.
      June 1, 2022 6:47 AM MDT

Yeah I was adopted.
    Mom threw me away
    didn't want to raise me.
    Put me in a cardboard box after birth
    and left me at a Bus Station.
    True story.
         I remember all of kinds of 
    big people were walking around the box
    looking down at me. I was screaming.
    ...anyway
    got adopted by my step dad
    so i had a home.
    Step mom wasn't into it...
         And life goes on...

August 3, 2020 6:53 PM MDT

I hung out with a gal one time who was adopted as a baby. She turned out not well matched with her parents personality wise, the father guy was a church minister and a  rather strict sort of person and both parents were perfectionist/control freakish types and she was sort of a dreamer and adventurer person. So hard for her to try adapt that she ran away from home in her teens and lived with a  motorcycle gang and that sort of thing for a period of time then finally returned home. She was in her twenties now and parents were insistent she remain at home because they wanted to help her learn how to behave like a good girl. She finally did get herself a decent job and moved out.
      August 3, 2020 8:46 PM MDT

My ex-boyfriend was adopted as an infant. He was torn up about that and his upbringing... the feeling of being unwanted, not only by a birth parent, but by the adoptive parents who didn't do right by him. It really had an impact on him.

I thought if I found his birth mother for him, it might bring him some closure. The info I found indicated the Catholic church had put pressure on her to give him up since she was a young unwed mother. By the time I "found" her (located where she lived), she'd been dead for something like ten months. She'd gotten married about a year after my ex was born and stayed married her whole life but never had another child. I really do believe she didn't want to give him up and never forgave herself for it. Maybe that's my "romantic" version of it though.

I didn't have it in me to tell him what I found when I discovered she'd passed. I think it was six months or a year before I finally confessed what I'd done and found. 
      August 4, 2020 9:07 AM MDT

Not sure about others I know of, but yes I was adopted. It's a long story. But in short, my biological parents were in no shape to take of me. My adoptive parents knew them, and adopted me when I was 3 months old. It was a hard pregnancy and I only weighed 2lbs and 8oz at birth. Spent nearly 2 and a half months in an infant incubator at the hospital. Turned out for the better, as I got and was raised by a most wonderful family that loves me. I have met my biological parents once, but they didn't want contact after, it turned out not the best experience and sad, still glad I did get to meet them. I was 17-years-old when finally meeting them.
      August 9, 2020 5:10 PM MDT