Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It will be SAFER to vote by mail. At every polling location the pandemicpumpkina** will have his weaponized mystery meat thugs there. WHY?

It will be SAFER to vote by mail. At every polling location the pandemicpumpkina** will have his weaponized mystery meat thugs there. WHY?

To intimidate folks of course. WHY ELSE?

Thousands and thousands and thousands of them dressed in military clothing without identification carrying loaded guns "for your protection"? Hahahahahaha. No to intimidate you and frighten you and terrify you and strongarm you.

Vote by mail. It will be safer

Unless the pandemic pumpkina** steals all votes and incinerates the ones not for him. Could he do that?

Of course! He is the president. He can do whatever he wants.

Posted - August 8, 2020

Responses

How would they know how anyone votes, if the voting is by ballot? (Ballot means "secret, or concealed, vote".) 

(Short of asking outright, not knowing if the answer is true or false, nor really how to cope with a voter simply refusing to answer.)
      August 8, 2020 4:33 PM MDT

IF it is by voting machne where does that info go? If it is by paper ballot it would be placed in some e and someone would have to get it to is destination. Whatever way he can dream up will be done. All votes will be funneled through his office and he will have final say as to which are counted. His fake attorney genenal will make THAT legal. You think I'm kidding? I'm not. However pandemic pumpkina** can screw skew sabotage he will. He is THAT DESPERATE. It is not hyperbole. I wish it were. I wish you could live here for one month Durdle. One month. Then you'd be living what we live here. I don't wish that misery on anyone but to really KNOW you'd have to experience it in person. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 9, 2020 3:55 AM MDT

Paper ballots are brought to the destination by the voter. Not in an envelope, not by a poll worker.
      August 9, 2020 7:06 AM MDT

I understand your last point entirely - I admit that of course I can't properly appreciate what it's like living in your country at the moment.

Vote-rigging that blatant would be corruption and abuse of power many would associate with some failed ex-Soviet or crumbling Middle-Eastern country, not the United States of America. Couldn't anyone stop him doing that sort of thing? He might be able to bend the judiciary in his favour, but what's Congress' role in this?  

There was a programme on BBC Radio Four a few days ago about a different aspect of this - gerrymandering politicians carefully drawing the polling area maps to suit their parties; but explaining that there are also a lot of others fighting to have that system stopped.
      August 9, 2020 2:31 PM MDT

You mean like these guys?
      August 8, 2020 6:15 PM MDT

Frightening. Scruffy outfits that don't fit very well, badges that might or might not identify them, night-sticks... Are these the shipped-in men or are they security-guards for whatever that building is? They could be anyone you would not want to upset.

August 9, 2020 2:20 PM MDT

They were members of the New Black Panthers. They were hanging out in front of some of the polling stations in either the 2008 or 2010 elections. (I do not remember which) It should not have been allowed. 
      August 9, 2020 2:24 PM MDT

I wonder what they were trying to achieve? No, they should not have been there.
      August 9, 2020 2:32 PM MDT

They were charged with voter intimidation. It was 2008 in Philadelphia. Charges were filed by Bush DOJ. But later dismissed in 2011 by Obama DOJ. But an injuction was issuee to prevent the leader of the group from showing a visible weapon within 100ft of a polling station in Philadelphia. 
      August 9, 2020 4:09 PM MDT

Thank you for explaining it.
      August 9, 2020 4:35 PM MDT