Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You LOVE to cook! You LOVE to eat! You LOVE to make people happy. So you open a restaurant. Is it a diner or elegant? Ethnic or otherwise?

You LOVE to cook! You LOVE to eat! You LOVE to make people happy. So you open a restaurant. Is it a diner or elegant? Ethnic or otherwise?

What your favorite kind of food to eat? Is it the same as your favorite kind of food to cook?

Posted - August 8, 2020

Responses

I like to cook pizza, bread, and cake.  (Yeah, I know, unhealthy carbs)

I like eating macaroni salad, fried chicken, and cake.  Thankfully, I don’t eat what I like.  If I did, I’d be as big as a house by now.  

I don’t mind cooking all that much, its making the decision what to make that gets me.  Between being an OCD perfectionist and not liking many foods, it’s a wonder I don’t starve (a big reason why I’ve stayed so thin).

August 8, 2020 1:38 PM MDT

Not at all Shuhak. If you use STONE GROUND WHOLE WHEAT you will get the entire grain. High in fiber and protein. You can use things like coconut sugar which is less harmful to the body. You can load sweets up with walnuts or wheat germ to boost the nutritious value. You can make pizza dough out of the stoneground whole wheat flour and choose what you put on top with care. I have a bread machine and I used to bake all kinds of bread in it. There was a basic recipe I followed but always added enhancements depending upon the type of bread!  So that solves that objection. Use only healthy carbs! As for macaroni and spaghetti. Ever hear of DREAMFIELD'S? A low-carb pasta that doesn't taste like low carb at all! It has an ingredient called INULIN which BLOCKS carbs from doing a number your body. It's all we eat and we eat a lot of it. Try it and I betcha you will love it. Now cheese is cheese and the tasty ones are gonna be filled with fat.  BUT cheese gives you calcium and protein. Some cheeses have lower fat content but unless you are allergic to milk products eating cheese is a healthy thing to do. To that mac and cheese you can always toss in crisply steamed broccoli or other veggies you like! Very delish and exceedingly nutrish and you can always make it taste different using different veggies or cheeses. Happy experimenting Shuhak. Boy are you ever going to be surprised at the dishes you can make using Dreamfield's! Guilt-free I guarantee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 9, 2020 5:19 AM MDT
      August 9, 2020 5:17 AM MDT

My sister’s trying to get me to add almond and nut flours to my recipes) I currently use just unbleached wheat flour).  I used to add a bit of whole-wheat flour into my recipes (cracker, pizza crust).   Really good in cracker!  (I mean flat bread).

I’ve never heard of Dreamfiled’s.  I’ll have to look into it.  I don’t like whole-wheat pasta.  It tastes like dirt to me. 

My macaroni salad has Miracle Whip in it.  Delicious, but high in cholesterol (I have a cholesterol problem).  I’ve tried substitutions, but they just don’t have the same flavor.

I probably overdo my pizzas.  I put an entire package of mushrooms (8 oz.), a small can of olives, and 16 oz. of mozzarella cheese on each pizza.  I mix several ounces of protein powder into the tomato sauce along with the spices.

I LOVE cheese!!!  Again, I have to use it in moderation due to my cholesterol problem (very hard to do).

I make a noodle dish – spaghetti noodles, cheese sauce, chicken and broccoli – that’s really good.

I don’t use my bread machine anymore.  I find it more satisfying to handle the dough (plus the oven heats the house).

Guilt free?  Good.  I hate the shakiness I get after eating pasta.

August 9, 2020 1:03 PM MDT