Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "School should open but they should open SAFELY". Crackpot wackadoodlenoodle think that up? Schools should open PERIOD right?

"School should open but they should open SAFELY". Crackpot wackadoodlenoodle think that up? Schools should open PERIOD right?

Posted - August 8, 2020

Responses

Barron Trump will not be attending in-person classes. but it's OK for everyone else's children to go to school.
      August 8, 2020 11:48 AM MDT

That is exactly right. His PRIVATE SCHOOL will remain closed until October. Of course. What the pandemic pumpkina** tells others to do he doesn't have to and he doesn't. Not one of his adoring worshippers or toady sycophants EVER calls him on it. NEVER EVER. He can do whatever he wants and they continue kissing his a** and patting him on the shoulder and telling how extraordinary a wise and extremely stable genius he is. Forever. SIGH. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Sunday! :)
      August 9, 2020 4:53 AM MDT

I don't understand how they don't see him for what he truly is.
      August 9, 2020 7:53 AM MDT

You know how back in the day when we went OUT to the movies? Some folks CHEERED the bad guys? Well some folks like his style and cheer him on. Why I do not know though I suspect they were either dropped on their heads as infants or were born with malformed defective brains that are easily duped swayed conned scammed tricked. There may be other reasons but right off the top of my head those are my best guesses! Thank you for your reply L. Did that storm take out your electricity at all? Glad it's over I betcha! This post was edited by RosieG at August 9, 2020 9:57 AM MDT
      August 9, 2020 8:01 AM MDT

That's a lot of folks dropped on their heads ... :)  The storm didn't affect my neighborhood's electricity but we did have some downed trees.  My county is one of the most verdant in the city and we have a lot of very old trees.  Happy Sunday. :)
      August 9, 2020 9:59 AM MDT

Glad to know you weren't without power. In this heat it would not be a good time. Thank you for your reply L! :) I LOVE trees!
      August 9, 2020 11:08 AM MDT

I love trees, too, but the City doesn't do a very good job of taking care of pruning them and some of them you can see have been invaded by some insects and those need to be taken down before the center is hollowed out and it comes down in a storm.
      August 9, 2020 1:39 PM MDT

Here's where we confront "essential" I think. Is it essential to take care of trees during a pandemic? Who decides what and who(m) is essential. I'm not trying to be a smart a**. But I wonder if your GUV had to lay off many workers? Thank you for your reply L and Happy Wednesday. We have some areas in Hemet that are grown over with high and dry weeds. I'm afraid if someone flicks a lit cigarette or match they will catch fire and winds will blow the embers which could disastrous consequences. We don't know who is responsible for those vacant lots. Don't know if they are privately owned in which case why doesn't the City order them to take care of the potential fire hazard? And if the city owns them why aren't they doing what needs to be done? I dunno. Every day there are so many things to ask about. Why why why why why? AARRGGHH! :)
      August 19, 2020 6:29 AM MDT

I think removing diseased trees is essential.  There were instances where sick trees came down on people and cars during a microburst we had in my area a couple of years ago.  My borough has a lot of trees on virtually every block, many of them very old and some that are not in good shape.  There were two trees outside my bedroom window that lost very large limbs in a storm and landed on two cars.  Fortunately, no one was in them at the time - it was during the night.  The police came and pulled them off the cars and put the limbs on our grassy area.  The City took two days to come and remove the limbs.  A couple of days later, a large limb came down and it remained in the street at the curb for two weeks, even though I called the City to report it.  They sent an inspector who reported that the tree limb came down and was at the curb.  Talk about a waste of manpower.  I called the City again and they said they would take care of it "as soon as possible."  I said that the tree from which it came was diseased and that it was likely that another limb could come down and maybe it would fall on a person.  It took me four more calls and telling them that if some auto was damages or a person was hurt, I would be a witness in any lawsuit and testify how many times I called to get the tree removed.  Two days later, they had removed those two bad trees and two days after that, they planted two saplings.  
      August 19, 2020 8:13 AM MDT

Oh I see what you mean. It's more than trimming and shaping. It's removing diseased trees that are unstable. Thank you for taking the time to educate us as to your reasons why. I agree totally with thee! Happy Wednesday L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 19, 2020 8:19 AM MDT
      August 19, 2020 8:15 AM MDT

Happy Wednesday. :)
      August 19, 2020 8:19 AM MDT

Thank you L. Happy Sunday! :)
      August 23, 2020 3:10 AM MDT

My county is not opening, it will be virtual. Several counties in my state opened and then had to close after a week or two due to a lot of students and teachers testing positive. Most counties here had already decided not to open to in person classes at this time. 
      August 8, 2020 2:33 PM MDT

You m'dear live in a sensible reasonable rational logical country. Lucky for you! Thank you for your reply glenho and Happy Sunday! :)
      August 9, 2020 4:51 AM MDT

I’m in the southern  US. Not really sure how sane that is. :)
      August 18, 2020 10:33 AM MDT

That surprises me. I thought the south was a solid block of anti masks and open up everything at once. Not so? Good to know. Thank you for your reply glenho and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine. STAY SAFE! :)
      August 19, 2020 2:49 AM MDT

We are required to wear masks when we go out. In some places you can even get up to a $100 fine if you're caught without one. The south is not one solid block of anything, we live a very diverse life, we have republicans, democrats, Bible Thumpers, atheists, lower class, higher class and pretty much anything else you can imagine. 
    Just like everywhere else, there are people who disagree with wearing masks, and want everything opened back up. I, personally, don't leave the house without wearing mine. 
      August 19, 2020 4:08 AM MDT

Thank you for a fine articulate reply m'dear. You squared me away on that issue. I tend to think geographically and lump everyone together. I know it's wrong so I appreciate your KINDLY correcting my mis thinking. Happy Wednesday glenho. STAY SAFE! :):):)
      August 19, 2020 6:11 AM MDT

You're welcome. Ms. RosieG. You stay safe as well. We will get through this. 
      August 19, 2020 6:19 AM MDT

I know I can count on you for communicating your truth with a light hand glenho. I appreciate that a lot. More than I can tell you. Keep it up please and thank you! :)
      August 19, 2020 6:22 AM MDT

I believe Governor Cuomo and Mayor Deblasio said the same thing here in New York. Are they also crackpot wackadoodles?
      August 19, 2020 6:25 AM MDT