Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » Do you still shop at the grocery store or do you have your food delivered?

Do you still shop at the grocery store or do you have your food delivered?

Posted - August 9, 2020

Responses

I still shop. I ain't that old yet.
      August 9, 2020 12:25 PM MDT

It depends on how I feel. I was going to have my groceries delivered, but I simply just changed my mind. The only pain I have to deal with is hauling all that stuff up the stairs to my apartment.
      August 9, 2020 1:07 PM MDT

• I still go to the grocery store once a week, like always. I just wear a mask now. Having groceries delivered is a luxury I can't afford. 
      August 9, 2020 1:35 PM MDT

For us it's free if we have 50 dollars or more of groceries.  Shoot!  That is very easy to do, even with only two people.
    The delivery cost if it is under 50 dollars is $3.99.  
    Not too bad.

August 13, 2020 3:32 AM MDT

when i lived with my mom, we do the groceries in the market, but then we can pay only 5$ to get all delivered to our appartment . 

we also give a tip to the guy

August 9, 2020 1:39 PM MDT

I've been doing my own grocery shopping with the exception of a couple of weeks ago when my sciatica kicked in and I couldn't stand up long enough to get dressed.  That happened just at the point where my food was running out, so I ordered on line.  It's a great convenience, but much more expensive.  
      August 9, 2020 1:52 PM MDT

We’ve never had groceries delivered, and it’s not likely to happen in the foreseeable future. 

~

August 9, 2020 9:09 PM MDT

Don't knock it until you've tried it. Instacart is great.
      August 12, 2020 9:38 PM MDT

There you go again. If you like it, fine. Not everything in life has to be experienced in order for a person to determine whether or not it’s a go. I have absolutely no desire nor any need to try it. If either of those change one day in the future, perhaps, but for the time being, no thanks. 

~

August 12, 2020 10:17 PM MDT

Go to grocery store.
    Safeway usually 1x a week
    Wear my mask of course.
    Never had a delivery.
    Go to Chinese Herbal store 
    every two weeks.
    Go to Rainbow Grocery
    every two weeks.
    that's it...
      August 10, 2020 6:50 AM MDT

I have never had groceries delivery and do not plan on it any time soon.
      August 10, 2020 7:22 AM MDT

I shop at the grocery store, as I only live across the street and down the block from Safeway. It's me out, and yes I am careful and wear a mask. I actually don't think there is any store here that deliver your groceries to your home, but just do curbside pick-up at the store.
      August 12, 2020 9:04 PM MDT

i shop at the grocery store and expose myself to Covid just like everyone else 
      August 12, 2020 9:23 PM MDT

Sometimes Stop & Shop, sometimes Costco, sometimes Instacart.
      August 12, 2020 9:40 PM MDT

• My wife has stuff delivered, I don't. I still go to the store. There's just some things that I won't give up and that's one of them.
      August 12, 2020 9:47 PM MDT

Grocery store every time. You can literally go crazy waiting for a delivery:

January 18, 2021 4:40 PM MST

I have bought some foods by mail-order - ready-meals processed so they don't need keeping in a freezer.

Normally though I use physical shops, a mixture of an occasional trolley-load from Aldi or Lidl to buy a trolley-load, and frequent, small purchases from two shops within walking distance, one of them an independent bakery. Sometimes the small independent whole-food shop in town.

I do of course follow all the plague precautions!

I could use on-line and delivery services but I suppose that would cost more and confine me in physically indoors until delivery. Anyway I don't like the big supermarkets much, so don't want to encourage them too much.
      January 23, 2021 5:10 PM MST