Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » Dog owners, while out in public with your pet, has another dog* ever attacked yours?

Dog owners, while out in public with your pet, has another dog* ever attacked yours?

*Either a wild one, a stray, one accompanied by another person, one who was on private property and ran after yours, etc. 

Posted - August 12, 2020

Responses

Yea, loads of times.. my first dog was a golden retriever, and he got bitten on the nose as a young dog. He was never the same, never liked other dogs after that.. 

After that, dog, I found most dogs left us alone.. that might be because I tend to have Rottweilers these days :P
      August 12, 2020 1:25 PM MDT

I used to have a border collie (Fuzzy).  One day when we were out walking, another dog attacked.   As he went for my young nephew, Fuzzy put herself in-between the advancing don and my nephew.  The dog bit off a chunk of my dog’s ear.  This was on a public street.

August 12, 2020 2:38 PM MDT

My dogs more own me than I them, but that's not the point of this question. Thankfully, we've never experienced an attack like that in public. My son was visiting my home with his dog several years ago and she attacked my dog. It resulted in the need for an emergency vet visit and sutures. :(
      August 12, 2020 8:33 PM MDT

Yes I have with my dogs over the years.  Never had a serious injury however.  In our experience it is generally the smaller non-socialized dogs.  Our dogs go with us everywhere including restaurants and bars (before covid).
      August 13, 2020 6:07 AM MDT