Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » What sort of scenes, images and colors do you prefer for the pictures you hang on your walls?

What sort of scenes, images and colors do you prefer for the pictures you hang on your walls?

Posted - October 9, 2016

Responses

I got abstract paintings with lively and powerful colors on my walls. Got to bring in some positive energy in our lives. Mmhmmm.

October 9, 2016 10:12 AM MDT

That's pretty good.  That would suit me quite well.
      October 9, 2016 10:19 AM MDT

I don't have this painting but it is in colors not far away. I do like this one, and I would be pleased having it on one of my walls.
      October 9, 2016 10:41 AM MDT

• I don't have a set preference. I get whatever catches my eye at the time. 
      October 9, 2016 10:33 AM MDT

• I have none!  My walls look so bare and I don't like it.  I can't decide what I like, a Marilyn Monroe, or a pack of wolves, or a beach scene... apparently I need help.  
      October 9, 2016 11:39 AM MDT

Pick something that you like that is not expensive, so that you can  change it out later for something else. 
    Problem solved :) LOL..........
      October 9, 2016 1:42 PM MDT

One wall is full of family pictures, another one has ducks in flight over a beautiful blue lake, another has a nice old timey but current mailbox with flowers and a blue bird & a wagon wheel, another one has a horse hame mirror that my father in law made for us many years ago, and a beautiful gold framed mirror. I am quiet content with the ambiance they provide. I have a burgandy wrap around couch and everything blends with it.
      October 9, 2016 12:13 PM MDT

Sounds nice.
      October 9, 2016 7:05 PM MDT

I like nautical themes, but one wall has a space theme going on.
      October 9, 2016 12:29 PM MDT

I have a mixture of my own stuff on the walls.   It depends on the lighting and the place it is displayed as well as the subject and colors of a painting.

I have done some work that looked really awful in certain settings and totally magnifico in others.  

Even the Mona Lisa can look tacky if placed in the wrong place, like say, a McDonald's and yet maybe some other kind of folk art or original pieces would look great there.

It's all in the whole atmosphere of the thing.  And, of course, having some talent helps a lot.
      October 9, 2016 1:53 PM MDT

• One of my best friends is an artist and he'd kill me if I was color matching artwork. He helps me find things that are original or another artist he knows. I've gone on art hunts with him to garage sales and antique shops. I love antique shops. He's steered me away from things that could have ripped me off. He did a nice series (photo, print, and painting) of one of my passed cats I really love and it's always up. The painting is interesting because it's really dark but if the light hits it a certain way you can see it. Very abstract or impressionist, I don't know the right term. I have requisite family photos.
      October 9, 2016 1:56 PM MDT

My great-grandmother was an artist and her husband was a fisherman.  She painted while he fished.  They lived in and travel throughout New England in the early 1900s.  I have many of her landscape paintings in my house.  In another room I have Peruvian textiles which I made into a wall hanging and prints of sea scenes by Winslow Homer.
      October 9, 2016 8:59 PM MDT

Well I'm a 'movie nut' so I have posters of old movies and the stars......but I do have Daniel Craig's poster for "Skyfall"....and also MM in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes  & my childhood favorite, the poster from Disney's "Alice in Wonderland".....also a poster from "Psycho" but very small that I have in my kitchen, magnet, on my stove hood.......why it ended up there, I have no idea........also have an old Brigitte Bardot poster too...and a "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" poster from the 1980's.....I asked a clerk a K-Mart where it was displayed with some Roger Rabbit stuff and she let me have it!!!  pure luck......later on someone else brought them out, but they were nowhere near the clear, crisp colors of the one I had!!!!  
      October 10, 2016 8:06 AM MDT

Sort of similar to bg43214 (though mine aren't all 'old'),

Matted-and-framed original movie posters.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 25, 2023 10:17 PM MST
      January 25, 2023 10:13 PM MST