Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » What are some of your favorite movies whose titles are also the titles of songs?

What are some of your favorite movies whose titles are also the titles of songs?

Either the movie was named after the song, the song was named after the movie, the movie‘s theme song is the song in question, the movie has nothing to do with the song other than they just share the same title, or any other circumstance. 

CAVEAT: both the movie title and the song title must be exact matches word-for-word, no deviation whatsoever, no extra words, letters, numbers, no missing words, letters, numbers, no partial song titles fit into larger movie titles, no movie titles using only a part of a song title.

~

Posted - August 19, 2020

Responses

movies...titles

Live and Let Die
    Yellow Submarine
    Help This post was edited by Element 99 at September 2, 2020 7:00 PM MDT
      August 19, 2020 8:19 AM MDT

•   August 19, 2020 8:30 AM MDT

Hard days night, Alfie, American pie.
      August 19, 2020 10:33 AM MDT

Beyond the Sea

Love is a Many Splendored Thing

Stand By Me

Lean On Me

August 19, 2020 7:50 PM MDT

Oh What a Lovely War

August 20, 2020 8:30 PM MDT

Director Marc Forster's "Stay"  (2005)

Also, a song by Rihanna  with Mikky Ekko

The movie came out long before the song. And the song seems to have nothing at all to do with such a scary movie, ha! (I always like the very end of the song, when Rihanna just hits those very last several notes.)

Stay (2005) - Rotten Tomatoes

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 3, 2020 1:15 AM MDT
      September 2, 2020 6:59 PM MDT

In order to give you a better chance at seeing my post, I'm posting this EDIT as a separate answer. It's related to my original answer. 

EDIT: And I had to come back again to this answer and fix more typos. Tonight, I seem to spot them only after posting and then looking at them again minutes later. Irritating to me. :)

But I had fun answering your question because I like the "Stay" movie a lot and the song.
    I hope to come up with an answer to one of your other questions about a movie theme that I don't think works well for the movie. Great question! 
    Blahblahblah - - I'm rambling. :)

September 2, 2020 7:35 PM MDT

September 3, 2020 1:15 AM MDT

Most of the Bond movies, pre-Daniel Craig.
    All Of Me, Steve Martin (movie), John Legend (song).
    Bohemian Rhapsody, biopic about the lead singer.
      September 3, 2020 2:27 AM MDT