Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » what does it mean if you have lumps on your forehead?

what does it mean if you have lumps on your forehead?

Ive had them for months and did mention it to a doctor but they dont seem to think anything of it, im seeing a new one cause mine retired so i might mention it to her in sept, someone had told me they were skin tags but today someone said they look more like lumps, ive gotten headaches a lot, and sometimes i tend to forget stuff like people ive known for yrs and i wonder what their names are or if i see them im trying to think of when ive seen them before, its just weird the way i forget people's names or who they are even though ive known them for yrs. ive wondered about brain tumors since ive had an aunt that died of one or altzheimers but because of the lumps i think it could be more of a tumor going on. im seeing my doctor sometime in sept, i might talk to her about it then. any ideas of whats going on?

Posted - August 23, 2020

Responses

Go to emerg and ask for a cat scan, today. 
      August 23, 2020 4:51 PM MDT

August 23, 2020 5:29 PM MDT

Lol, oh no. 
      August 23, 2020 5:29 PM MDT

i was seeing my own doctor soon anyways, i didnt want to bother them in the er , but ive thought of urgent care
      August 23, 2020 5:31 PM MDT

I really think this warrants going to emergency. If it’s nothing then they’ll tell you it’s nothing, no biggie. If it is something for concern it’s better to catch it earlier. 
      August 23, 2020 5:37 PM MDT

Never assume that you’re “bothering” your medical professional by seeking his or her care, treatment, advice, etc., it’s why they do what they do. Many illness, injuries, diseases, conditions can be best taken care of based on early detection and/or early treatment. Being shy or embarrassed or lackadaisical or standoffish are all less important than your health. 

~

August 23, 2020 5:43 PM MDT

Exactly, I knew someone who died from testicular cancer. He just refused to go to the doctor for it,  It’s normally treatable and curable. By the time he finally went to hospital the cancer had spread up his lymph nodes into his brain. It really bothers me now  when people think it will be a bother to healthcare professionals in case it’s just “nothing”      
      August 23, 2020 5:49 PM MDT

Did the man you knew also say he thought he’d be bothering someone if he sought their treatment?
    ~

August 23, 2020 6:09 PM MDT

Yes, kind of, also was embarrassed by it I think, and just thought it was something that would go away. 
      August 23, 2020 6:12 PM MDT

If they look like this you better go see a priest.

August 23, 2020 4:52 PM MDT

But horns or no horns, the lady in your photo is so cute!  Is she available?  How are her sandwich-making skills?  Can you put me in contact with her?  Does she join harems? 
    ~

August 23, 2020 5:25 PM MDT

they dont look like that
      August 23, 2020 5:32 PM MDT

Ahhhh :) 
      August 23, 2020 5:45 PM MDT

You know your body better than anyone. If you are concerned, see another doctor.  VerucaSalty gave good advice, go to emergency.  
      August 23, 2020 5:04 PM MDT

i dont want to bother them in the er but ive thought of urgent care, im seeing my doctor soon anyways
      August 23, 2020 5:32 PM MDT

I seriously doubt brain tumors would show as lumps on your forehead. If they are big enough to make your skull bulge, you'd already be dead. 
      August 23, 2020 5:33 PM MDT

i'll mention it to my doctor when i see her soon
      August 23, 2020 5:35 PM MDT

If it were me, I would call my doctor's office TODAY, tell them my symptoms and explain that I would like to come in as soon as possible and not wait for the September appt.  Doctors need to schedule the right amount of time for a visit and it's better to let them know in advance what you're dealing with. The lumps and the cognitive issues many or may not be related. Lumps on the head can often be harmless fat deposits under the skin. My brother had several of them. Skin tags are not lumps; they are tiny flaps of skin and they usually appear in areas where there is friction from clothing such as the neck.
      August 23, 2020 6:31 PM MDT

No one on here is a medical doctor, yet you keep asking everyone to diagnose your ailments.  Two people told you to go to the emergency room, but you don't want to do that.  If you think the problem is serious and you want to go to urgent care, GO TO URGENT CARE.
      August 23, 2020 8:36 PM MDT

Pearl, how sensible of you to come to us for an expert medical opinion. You will realize the cost of consultation is commensurate with the quality of diagnosis and prognosis.
      August 23, 2020 9:19 PM MDT